Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Cheap Storage Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Cheap Storage Server

I'm in need of a cheap storage server (VPS or Dedi). I need at least 4TB of storage on it. I don't need a whole lot of RAM or a powerful CPU. It'll be solely a storage server. I don't have a set budget, though if I had to assign a numerical value... probably at most $30/mo.

Post your prices or PM me them. Thanks.

Comments

• Yeah. However I don't really need the 8GB of RAM. :P Wanted to see if there was a provider that offered lower specs in hopes of saving money.

• inb4time4vps

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @wwabbit said:
    inb4time4vps

I would have suggested them, but they only do up to 2TB

• bersybersy Member

hostnoob said: I would have suggested them, but they only do up to 2TB

Looks like they offer 4TB plan too, at https://www.dedikuoti.lt.

Thanked by 1mosan7763
  • MadMad Member

4TB? You should take a look at a dedicated (Dacentec, WSI etc) .

The VPS would cost much more.

• RizRiz Member

@Doragon said:
    Yeah. However I don't really need the 8GB of RAM. :P Wanted to see if there was a provider that offered lower specs in hopes of saving money.

This will most likely be the lowest priced 4TB server you can find.

Another option is to send your own disk in to Delimiter for $10/mo. @mikeyur

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • @Riz said:
    Another option is to send your own disk in to Delimiter for $10/mo. mikeyur

If you can supply a 4+TB disk, our Slot Hosting would definitely work: https://www.delimiter.com/slot-hosting/

Thanked by 1Doragon
  • @hostnoob said:
    I would have suggested them, but they only do up to 2TB

I believe you can always ask for larger plans, or, simply get 2 of them.

• @mikeyur said:
    If you can supply a 4+TB disk, our Slot Hosting would definitely work: https://www.delimiter.com/slot-hosting/

Oooh. Tempting.... hmm.....

• @Doragon said:
    Oooh. Tempting.... hmm.....

You can stack them as well, so you can buy 2 plans, send 2 drives, get 2x the cpu/ram/bandwidth/etc.

• bersy said: Looks like they offer 4TB plan too, at https://www.dedikuoti.lt.

any experience with them? 4TB storage vps for 10 euro (paid every months) seems quite a good deal.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

mosan7763 said: any experience with them?

dedikuoti.lt is our company website offering VPS hosting services only for Lithuanian customers. We suggest to use www.time4vps.eu in order to buy services if you are outside of Lithuania.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2016

We can offer you atom server in your budget - Atom, 4GB RAM - 2 x 2TB SATA3 - 30$

• @time4vps said:
    dedikuoti.lt is our company website offering VPS hosting services only for Lithuanian customers. We suggest to use www.time4vps.eu in order to buy services if you are outside of Lithuania.

Any chance you could offer 4TB at nearly the same price (with the 50% discount when paid every 6 months)?

mosan7763 said: Any chance you could offer 4TB at nearly the same price (with the 50% discount when paid every 6 months)?

Take a note, that mentioned 50% discount for 4 TB server is only one-time and only for first payment. We will consider possibility to offer 4 TB package at Time4VPS.

• You can try wait for the $20 dedi at dacentec which always run out of stock quite quickly

• @time4vps said:
    Take a note, that mentioned 50% discount for 4 TB server is only one-time and only for first payment. We will consider possibility to offer 4 TB package at Time4VPS.

I think a lot of people would be interested. Or atleast the ability for existing customer to continue to expand their storage once they reach 2TB.

• DoragonDoragon Member
    edited March 2016

@bacloud said:
    We can offer you atom server in your budget - Atom, 4GB RAM - 2 x 2TB SATA3 - 30$

Bandwidth and network speed?

• TomTom Member

@mikeyur said:
    You can stack them as well, so you can buy 2 plans, send 2 drives, get 2x the cpu/ram/bandwidth/etc.

Possible to do RAID?

• @Yoda said:
    Possible to do RAID?

If you stack multiple slot hosting plans? Yes. You can setup software raid between your disks if you have multiple plans + disks.

Thanked by 1Tom
  • @mikeyur said:

Wow! I wonder why more people don't do this. If someone has a need for such a large amount of storage, it's a pretty amazing deal, IMO. $10USD/month for whatever HDD you want to mail in (I suppose that could be considered to be a one-time setup fee for the customer)??

Although, I see an discrepancy in the bandwidth, depending on which page on your site you read: https://www.delimiter.com/slot-hosting/ says 4TB, while https://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/slothosting/ says 1TB.

• user123 said: (I suppose that could be considered to be a one-time setup fee for the customer)??

Yep, you cover the bulk of the hardware costs and we just provide a place to host it. Also we can buy the drive for you if you want, we have a lot of new high storage drives in stock - but if not we can order it from Amazon.

user123 said: Although, I see an discrepancy in the bandwidth, depending on which page on your site you read

The correct amount is 4TB. I'm waiting on our developer to finish the module so we can implement the slot hosting product in the new panel, instead of using the outdated lander.

• @user123 said:
    Wow! I wonder why more people don't do this. If someone has a need for such a large amount of storage, it's a pretty amazing deal, IMO. $10USD/month for whatever HDD you want to mail in (I suppose that could be considered to be a one-time setup fee for the customer)??

It is a great deal for large storage.

For my personal third level of storage use I prefer time4vps over the slot hosting because the cost per month for the first several years for 4TB or less was at the time more economical.

Things might have changed slightly, but from my original cost comparison, the price of renting 2TB never caught up to the price of sending a 2TB drive. At 4TB it was on year 4 that I was paying $28 more for the year renting than sending out a 4TB drive. Year 5 there was a $50 difference.

The only time it made sense, for me, to go with slot hosting was at 6TB or 8TB amounts, which I am not nearly at yet. I am just a little under 2TB backed up. So in my case renting is a better deal.

But at the 8TB level with a WD Red, I think it was only cheaper in the first year with time4vps. After that it started to really spread apart to the tune of $300-$400 a year savings as long as the drive held out, in favor of slot hosting.

• @mikeyur said:

Did I can get use this services from delimiter?

@mikeyur do you get my PM reply? just to be sure it was correct on my end.

• @time4vps said:

I need clarification : is the 50% discount on 2year storage plans(time4vps.eu order) recurring or non-recurring?

If NOT, this fact needs to be highlighted in a more transparent manner on the order page.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

@Doragon said:
    Bandwidth and network speed?

100mbps unlimited

• @vimalware said:

It's recurring, on the order summary screen check the recurring cost.

Thanked by 1vimalware

vimalware said: is the 50% discount on 2year storage plans(time4vps.eu order)

For Time4VPS it's recurring.

Thanked by 1vimalware