Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cheap half cab colo usa only
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cheap half cab colo usa only

title says it all i am with incero right now but the support is not up to standard for me i only have one server with them i was just testing them out i have 12 server at home locally testing i want to ship them to colo by next week or so i need cheap half cab with pdu already in it and network cables i need also free racking and some kind of good remote hands i have like 20 extra hard drives to ship and about 12 ram sticks also anyone please have good offer me time is of the essence.

Comments

• Incero support is one of the best I've had.. Their staff members are ALL knowledgeable and you don't get bullshit escalations with Indians answering all level1 and having to wait hours on end for any real support. While they're not the most friendly at times, their support definitely isn't bad...

It looks like you're looking for budget pricing. Expect even worse support anywhere else if price is a concern.

• @Jonchun said:
    Incero support is one of the best I've had.. Their staff members are ALL knowledgeable and you don't get bullshit escalations with Indians answering all level1 and having to wait hours on end for any real support. While they're not the most friendly at times, their support definitely isn't bad...

It looks like you're looking for budget pricing. Expect even worse support anywhere else if price is a concern.

I am looking to budget myself around 200 or so a month on a half cab. I don't have my own switches or power supply so I need something with this already intact just want to be able to ship the servers with racks and have them setup.

Incero is not bad but they are just not good to be I wait long hours for responses on helping me boot an operating system or even helping me with raid on my disk and stuff like that. when i need kvm i have to wait about 5 hours to get a reply i just think i should be getting a little more for that im paying thats all.

• Half a cab for $200?

Um that's your problem.

Helping you with booting an OS or raid sounds like software issues to me. If you're talking about installing a raid card many dcs take hours to install new hardware. If you can't wait a couple hours to have someone go and physically attach a KVM for you, get a server with ipmi...

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

You probably want to triple your budget at least, your expectations are too high for your budget. You won't find someone providing 1/2 + switch + pdu for anywhere close.

Thanked by 2netomx Clouvider
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

DapKiln said: on helping me boot an operating system or even helping me with raid on my disk

That's your main problem, not theirs.

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Jonchun said:
    Incero support is one of the best I've had.. Their staff members are ALL knowledgeable and you don't get bullshit escalations with Indians answering all level1

So does that comment imply Indians are useless or something ? I do find it offending under the context you've mentioned.

Thanked by 1kkrajk

@DapKiln said:

You could try asking dominic from instantdedis or Micheal from VyprNetworks they could do something for you , as for the support and stuff I don't think your cost will cover all that.

• DapKiln said: Incero is not bad but they are just not good to be I wait long hours for responses on helping me boot an operating system or even helping me with raid on my disk and stuff like that.

Get a managed service. None of that is their problem to deal with, that's all on you.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @BharatB said:
    So does that comment imply Indians are useless or something ? I do find it offending under the context you've mentioned.

That comment implies nothing... he's stating that basic tech support is offered by people in India and they can't do too much beyond remotely rebooting... so in most circumstances you would be waiting hours for real support.

• For $200/mo you aren't going to find a half-cab with networking and managed support . . .

Thanked by 2Jonchun Clouvider
  • BharatB said: I do find it offending under the context you've mentioned.

Put the Vagisil back on the shelf.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited March 2016

@BharatB said: I do find it offending under the context you've mentioned.

@Microlinux said:
    Put the Vagisil back on the shelf.

This, take your "offended" shit elsewhere. And please don't pretend you don't know the context of these fairly valid complaints about useless level one techs who very often happen to be Indian with abhorrent English communication skills. It is an observation more than a racial thing, I've seen plenty of useless "chinks" I can barely understand in tech support too, and being asian myself I've been called "chink" on more than a few occasions and I find no reason to go about being "offended" when people complain about useless "chink" tech support as it is very valid complaint that I myself have.

Also @OP, your expectations are really out there for 200bux, you'd be lucky to find the space and power for that price, let alone space/power/bandwidth/pdu/remote hands AND good support? Bump that budget by a few hundred bux to even get talking. Though if you want to bump to a full cab for an extra 200, you could check out HE's deal http://he.net/colocation.html it is pretty good, dunno if they supply a PDU for you though.

Thanked by 1Jonchun

@Setsura said:

Well nvm

• If you are really pressed for budget I can give you.

Half Cabinet $250/month
    16A/120V
    30TB of Bandwidth 
    1Gbps Ethernet
    20 Switch Ports 
    20 Power Outlets
    Free Racking
    Free Monitoring  
    Free Monday Remote Hands
    /27 IP block

$200 first month $250 thereafter.

• RizRiz Member
    edited March 2016

^ is the lowest price you will find, and the same DC as Incero.

I wouldn't expect colo staff to fix all of your software issues though, this really is your responsibility and will only cost your more. Up your budget if you want managed support, quite a bit actually.

By the way, I called it that Incero would lose patience with you.

• nepsneps Member

BharatB said: So does that comment imply Indians are useless or something ? I do find it offending under the context you've mentioned.

Although I don't work at one, I live in the call center capital of the world, and I think you should know better than anyone how that getting offended at that is silly. Wages are much cheaper in our countries; if there was zero difference in quality, we wouldn't getting some of their jobs, we'd be getting all of them.

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited March 2016

Well, the problems arise when stupid stingy westerners want unskilled non-tech support personnel to answer / sort tech support issues as they are saving money (lots).

Well Instead of hoarding all your money, SPEND some money to employ quality personnel wherever in the world it would be so that your customers stay happy

• @VyprNetworks said:
    If you are really pressed for budget I can give you.

Half Cabinet $250/month
    16A/120V
    30TB of Bandwidth 
    1Gbps Ethernet
    20 Switch Ports 
    20 Power Outlets
    Free Racking
    Free Monitoring  
    Free Monday Remote Hands
    /27 IP block

How much would a quarter cabinet be with you?

• @VyprNetworks said: If you are really pressed for budget I can give you.

>

Half Cabinet $250/month
    16A/120V
    30TB of Bandwidth 
    1Gbps Ethernet
    20 Switch Ports 
    20 Power Outlets
    Free Racking
    Free Monitoring  
    Free Monday Remote Hands
    /27 IP block

>

Is this Dallas?

What's "Monday Remote Hands"?

• VyprNetworksVyprNetworks Member
    edited March 2016

@DapKiln said:
    How much would a quarter cabinet be with you?

Well right now for quarter cab we have a special.

Semi Annual Billing
    10U Qtr Cab
    8A/120V Power Supply
    10 Power Outlets 
    10 Switch Ports
    20TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port 
    10Gbps Mitigation
    /27 IP Block
    Free Ping Monitoring 
    1 Dedicated KVMoIP Per 10U
    Free Racking 
    Free Monday Remote Hands
    $720/Semi Annual

@aglodek said:
    What's "Monday Remote Hands"?

Free Monday remote hands, is basically our clients are able to submit tickets before Monday to have their servers evaluated for any issues they might be having. On Monday we do all remote hands work for free. Its just something we do to show appreciation to our clients. Also yes Dallas Carrier-1 Facility.

Thanked by 3aglodek DapKiln elflord
  • How much to add full management to it?