Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3v5, 64GB RAM, 2x512GB NVMe SSD for 60EUR, anyone able to offer this in US
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

E3v5, 64GB RAM, 2x512GB NVMe SSD for 60EUR, anyone able to offer this in US

https://www.hetzner.de/us/hosting/produkte_rootserver/px61nvme

This is the server in question, just wondering if any US provider can pricematch this.

Comments

• I doubt that. E3v3 itself would be that price, not to mention that huge RAM and SSD and the new v5 platform.

• nice server...

• Hetzner have some nice new systems - at the moment I think this is the best EU deal for E3v5

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2016

MarkTurner said: Hetzner have some nice new systems - at the moment I think this is the best EU deal for E3v5

Just that the OP asked for an US equivalent. And posted the link to the new Hetzner servers. Did you even read the first post? ;)

@TheMagicOne said:
    https://www.hetzner.de/us/hosting/produkte_rootserver/px61nvme

This is the server in question, just wondering if any US provider can pricematch this.

• lootloot Member

IF you split that 119 by, say, 12 months, that comes out to be 9.92 per month added to that, convert to USD and it's about 77 dollars a month?

I don't know anything cheaper but just wanted to say that we're not pricematching 59 EUR but really more like 70 EUR

• @loot : what if the person keeps it for 24 months? or 36 months?

• lootloot Member

5 and 3.3 tacked onto the 59, and I think it's around .8 EUR - 1 USD atm. But is anyone really keeping a box for 3 years? Same box wouldn't be worth 62.3 EUR/m in 3 years I reckon.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@darknessends said:
    loot : what if the person keeps it for 24 months? or 36 months?

That's a big if, most don't keep servers more than a few months, and LET is even worse as most of this community will jump ship to save a few dollars.

• @MrRadic said:
    That's a big if, most don't keep servers more than a few months, and LET is even worse as most of this community will jump ship to save a few dollars.

True. I feel I've been a decent customer to you guys at least. Think it's coming up for my 3rd year with you.

Wondering what sort of new stock you've got honestly.

• (Disclaimer: All links I'm posting are tracked affiliate links, whenever the provider has an affiliate program. The following post may or may not contain such links)

loot said: But is anyone really keeping a box for 3 years?

Yes, I do. Two days ago I just dropped a 41-month-old server and got two PX61-NVMe. They are great. I have another one which is even older, I will migrate it next month.

• emilvemilv Member

@hostingwizard_net Which OS did you put on them? I noticed they dont offer CentOS 6 on those NVMe servers, any idea why?

• Do they offer some kind of DDoS Protection?

• @emilv said:
    hostingwizard_net Which OS did you put on them? I noticed they dont offer CentOS 6 on those NVMe servers, any idea why?

I'm able to select CentOS 6.7 on the VNC Installer on mine no issues,

• emilvemilv Member
    edited March 2016

Yea I saw that. I just noticed it when I was looking at the product page under software (https://www.hetzner.de/ot/hosting/produktmatrix/rootserver-produktmatrix-px) and saw this: "CentOS 6.7 (N/A for PX61-NVMe)"

Just curious if there are any driver, compatibility or performance issues in CentOS 6 and NVMe. :-)

• @emilv said:
    Yea I saw that. I just notied it when I was looking at the product page under software (https://www.hetzner.de/ot/hosting/produktmatrix/rootserver-produktmatrix-px) and saw this: "CentOS 6.7 (N/A for PX61-NVMe)"

Just curious if there are any driver, compatibility or performance issues in CentOS 6 and NVMe. :-)

Maybe, no reason not to use 7.x unless you have a very good reason to use 6.x.

• edited March 2016

(Disclaimer: All links I'm posting are tracked affiliate links, whenever the provider has an affiliate program. The following post may or may not contain such links)

@emilv I use Debian 8. NVMe requires a special driver, not available by default in old distributions. According to Wikipedia, you need a 3.3+ kernel, with 4.0+ bringing a lot of improvements. Debian 8 uses 3.16 (I haven't upgraded yet).

./ioping-64 -R /  
    25267 requests completed in 3000.1 ms, 15080 iops, 58.9 mb/s  
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.1/0.1/3.3/0.0 ms  

/bin/dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/test.dd bs=64k count=100k conv=fdatasync  
    102400+0 records in  
    102400+0 records out  
    6710886400 bytes (6.7 GB) copied, 10.7405 s, 625 MB/s  

Thanked by 1emilv
  • JWU42JWU42 Member

Price jumped to 70 EUR and 141 EUR setup -- day late :/

• @JWU42 said:
    Price jumped to 70 EUR and 141 EUR setup -- day late :/

Has not changed, thats the price with VAT.