Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ReliableHostingServices.net goes Rogue?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ReliableHostingServices.net goes Rogue?

Today I was trying to SSH into my server co-located with RHS, and... it didn't work. Ping gives network unreachable, domain not resolvable, phone is disconnected. Dead?

Comments

• Could be they are having network issues or something?

• linuxthefish said: Could be they are having network issues or something?

No. They are indeed deadpool. I can say because their server wasn't pinging for 5 minutes. /s

OP: Try to reach them via email, skype or something.

• zllovesukizllovesuki Member
    edited March 2016

sdglhm said: No. They are indeed deadpool. I can say because their server wasn't pinging for 5 minutes. /s

OP: Try to reach them via email, skype or something.

You probably mistook my post as "LowEndSupport". No, that wasn't my intent.

Email: probably can't do as the domain is not resolvable
    Something: well, really nothing else. The 888 number on the website (from Google cache) is disconnected.

• They are ( were ? ) a decent provider. Used them as a backup.

• 4 Servers totally Down. Everything is Down! Anyone have any Update?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Don't panic. A lot of providers run their website on the same systems that they provision on. Good idea or not, it's not uncommon for smaller hosts. Maybe just network or hardware issues.

• They used to update on twitter when having problems, but nothing there:
    https://twitter.com/rhservices153

Bummer.

• zllovesuki said: You probably mistook my post as "LowEndSupport". No, that wasn't my intent.

I wasn't targeting you my friend. Here, have a beer on me.

jarland said: Don't panic. A lot of providers run their website on the same systems that they provision on.

This is somewhat a good and bad practice. Keeping your eggs in one basket means no update if you drop the damn basket. On the other hand, keeping your eggs in one basket means that you have to hold the grip tight. ;)

From what is seems like, they're having a network or power issue. But their co-location provider seems like to be working. No idea about them though

• zllovesuki said: Email: probably can't do as the domain is not resolvable Skype: Not listed anywhere Something: well, really nothing else. The 888 number on the website (from Google cache) is disconnected.

Aw. :\ No updates on their social media or email alerts ?

• sdglhm said: Aw. :\ No updates on their social media or email alerts ?

>

schafdog said: They used to update on twitter when having problems, but nothing there: https://twitter.com/rhservices153

Bummer.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

Their upstream had a planned maintenance (router upgrades in all IAD facilities), I assume something went wrong there rather than them deadpooling. Our OOB link came back up some time ago but RHS look down still.

• Gone with the wind..

• OnraHost_ZackOnraHost_Zack Member
    edited March 2016

We have been troubleshooting a routing/connectivity issue with our provider we should have a resolution shortly

• THE WORLD IS DEADPOOLING RUN

Thanked by 2raindog308 GCat
  • 10 hours of DOWNTIME :(

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I have a cheap VPS there, its been solid when it was up. Hope it comes back.

• Everything ON now! []'s

• dnwkdnwk Member

Yes. It took them so long probably because they do have a day job

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

Glad to see you are back up. did they ever send a response as to what happen. Would be good to know

• they don't care, no explanation, no excuse, nothing.