Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone have a use for XVMLabs VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone have a use for XVMLabs VPS?

Rob92Rob92 Member
edited March 2016 in General

Hello, I've had a XVMLabs VPS with 4 IPs, 512 MB of RAM, and 5GB SSD (I think) for a while now and I don't have a need for it anymore so I figured that rather than letting it expire, I could give my account to someone. I checked with dcc on their support forums and the only way seems to be changing the account details so I would changing mine to yours along with the login email. It renews for $2.99. If anyone is interested, let me know... I'd rather give it to a long standing member on the forums who can put it to good use but I'm open for anything :)

http://i.imgur.com/Ev8Q6vF.jpg

Edit: I will gather the names of people who are interested and use random.org to decide. I'll cut off the list at 9 PM CDT on the 23rd which is about 24 hours from this edit.

Comments

• DroidDroid Member

I'm definitely interested to use as a vpn & webserver.

Thanks.

• pm me, i will take it

• Rob92Rob92 Member

I've gotten three people so far that have shown interest so I think in order to keep things fair, I will make a list of people who want it and then use a random generator or something. Sound fair?

• Put me on the list too XD

• I'm interested as well

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Are you sure they allow service migrating?

I thought there was some limit on these plans where they couldn't be moved between accounts due to them being special?

Francisco

• Rob92Rob92 Member

@Francisco said:

I thought there was some limit on these plans where they couldn't be moved between accounts due to them being special?

Francisco

Yeah, I was wondering how that worked too so I asked in a PM on their forums. I was told the service can't be moved from one account to another but I can give my account away if I change the details it seems. I can't think of any privacy issues here because all the details would be changed over as far as I know...

http://i.imgur.com/N1CMWyr.jpg

• DevoniusDevonius Member
    edited March 2016

I'm in

@Francisco said:

Francisco

you can directly login his account, I have contacted xvmlabs before and it allowed

• nepsneps Member

Sign me up. :)

• Rob92Rob92 Member

Also, figure I should mention this now. I'd rather not sell this for more than I paid because I don't think it is fair to the others so I'll have to decline the PMs offering money for it... If you want to donate to me if you win it though, then that's a different story ;)

• Put me in too :)

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited March 2016

Sounds pretty good. I'd like to toss my name in the hat as well.

Full Disclosure - 4 IPs with 5GB of SSD storage for $2.99 is something I'd exchange my collection of Grade A memes for.

• i wish i could get the vm, i like to run some app on the vm

• Put me into your list too :)

• Put me in, i want to migrate my small blog on it:)

• AcacyAcacy Member

Add me on the list

• yywudiyywudi Member
    edited March 2016

I have a same one in US, California locatio, and it can't be migrated to other DC in their KiwiVM system.

Error
    Plan does not support migrations ()

• I need it for VPN.

• Hi, please add me to the random list for the "XVMLabs VPS with 4 IPs, 512 MB of RAM, and 5GB SSD", thank you!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • lbftlbft Member

Rob92 said: I can't think of any privacy issues here because all the details would be changed over as far as I know...

They'll still see anything in your WHMCS email history (name, any emails containing the email address you signed up with, passwords, etc.) and all your old invoices (name and address - I assume WHMCS isn't braindead enough to change this when the client changes their details, but someone correct me if I'm wrong).

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

@lbft said:
    They'll still see anything in your WHMCS email history (name, any emails containing the email address you signed up with, passwords, etc.) and all your old invoices (name and address - I assume WHMCS isn't braindead enough to change this when the client changes their details, but someone correct me if I'm wrong).

In v5 it was a optional addon to preserve client data on generated invoices, it's now a integrated option which I believe you still need to enable manually. You do however get a email when a client changes any of their personal details.

• Rob92Rob92 Member

@kt said:
    In v5 it was a optional addon to preserve client data on generated invoice, it's now a integrated option which I believe you still need to enable manually. You do however get a email when a client changes any of their personal details.

I already changed my details to remove as much sensitive information as possible, I looked at the invoices and the address change is on there too. Do you think the transaction IDs should be removed or do you think it would be fine?

• Go to the Email History section, scroll down and the second last row should be a message with subject as 'Welcome'. Open that and see what it says. It will have your full name, email id, company name (if provided) and your password in plain text.

• Hi @Rob92 please add me to the list :)

• @Rob92 Who won it?

• Put me in too :)

• dccdcc Member, Host Rep

IIRC we cannot do transfers via WHMCS because WHMCS lacks a hook that would allow us to sync new owner ID/info with our backend db. This applies to all our services, not just XVM Labs.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Just remembered I still have 2 of these I've never even used.

• Rob92Rob92 Member

Sorry for the wait guys! Wisconsin got hit with some snow last night and it's like a winter wonderland here :)

Here is the list of people gathered from this thread, as said, only entries before 9 PM CDT on the 23rd were counted: http://i.imgur.com/lsPUdiG.jpg

Here is the winner: http://i.imgur.com/BINdgVt.jpg

Congrats to @K4Y5 I will PM you soon.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@Rob92 said:
    Sorry for the wait guys! Wisconsin got hit with some snow last night and it's like a winter wonderland here :)

Here is the list of people gathered from this thread, as said, only entries before 9 PM CDT on the 23rd were counted: http://i.imgur.com/lsPUdiG.jpg

Here is the winner: http://i.imgur.com/BINdgVt.jpg

Congrats to K4Y5 I will PM you soon.

Muchas Gracias, @Rob92

Can't wait to get my hands on it!