Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

West Coast North America server needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

West Coast North America server needed

TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
edited March 2016 in Requests

I have a friend who wants to stream something 24/7 while he's gone for vacation. The files are in HD 1080P, so I'm thinking a constant 15 Mbps is required. Monthly traffic should be about 5TB, shouldn't be more than this.

Will need a server, virtual or dedicated, with:

1. Dedicated CPU core for that encoding, an E3 or decent E5 would be awesome.
  2. 5TB monthly bandwidth as above mentioned
  3. 2GB ram
  4. 30GB or more storage (would like SSD, but HDD would do).
  5. Must be West Coast North America, LA, Seattle, Oregon, Phoenix, Las Vegas should all be good.

Budget would like to keep that under $20, currently HVH is able to do $16 a month with 2 dedicated threads and 8GB of ram and 100GB (should be 120GB, but they said they ran out... Wtf?) of SSD, and 10 TB of transfer, however their connection (LA) to Softlayer Seattle is real bad, so looking for possibly better solutions. All help appreciated.

@Ernie Are you able to help me out with the extra 20GB SSD and possibly a better connection to Softlayer Seattle (better upload and download speed)?

Comments

• What's bad about the connection to Softlayer SEA, and why Softlayer SEA? I think CC LA is primarily Zayo and it's solid for Shaw/Telus if he's from the 'hood.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • @mikeyur said:
    What's bad about the connection to Softlayer SEA, and why Softlayer SEA? I think CC LA is primarily Zayo and it's solid for Shaw/Telus if he's from the 'hood.

Getting poor download and upload to Seattle, not sure if it's the node or its the general connection.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

KVM in LA 25GB 2GB RAM 2 e5 cores 10TB Bandwidth 20GB DDoS Mitigation $16 per month

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep

Hey,

Our pure SSD line would work well for you as we are currently offering a 40% off recurring (use promo winter2016). Seattle, xen:
    6 / 2 GB / 60 GB / 4 TB / $9/month
    8 / 4 GB / 90 GB / 5 TB / $18/month

We also have cache options, but no promo.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • @key900 said:
    Hi,

KVM in LA 25GB 2GB RAM 2 e5 cores 10TB Bandwidth 20GB DDoS Mitigation $16 per month

The storage isn't enough. The files along are 25.3GB total plus OS and some room for growth, at least 30GB needed.

@Virpus said:
    Hey,

Our pure SSD line would work well for you as we are currently offering a 40% off recurring (use promo winter2016). Seattle, xen:
    6 / 2 GB / 60 GB / 4 TB / $9/month
    8 / 4 GB / 90 GB / 5 TB / $18/month

We also have cache options, but no promo.

Are those CPU somewhat dedicated? The encoding will use a lot of CPU, and if it's fair shared then it will definitely not work.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Are those CPU somewhat dedicated? The encoding will use a lot of CPU, and if it's fair shared then it will definitely not work.

We can do 30GB HD for you.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK

dedicated. shouldn't have a problem.

@TheOnlyDK said:

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • @Virpus said:
    dedicated. shouldn't have a problem.

What is the CPU? Looks like a lot of cores, I'm assuming it's not E5 so one of those X or E series xeons?

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@Jonchun might have something up his sleeve that could help

Thanked by 2TheOnlyDK Jonchun
  • @hawc said:
    Jonchun might have something up his sleeve that could help

Dedicated CPU core for that encoding, an E3 or decent E5 would be awesome.
    5TB monthly bandwidth as above mentioned
    2GB ram
    30GB or more storage (would like SSD, but HDD would do).

A little out of your budget, but we could do a:

Dedicated E3-1241v3 core (2 threads)
    8GB RAM
    50 GB SSD Raid 1
    50 GB SAS Backup
    5 TB Bandwidth

$30/month

This is a fully dedicated virtual dedicated server. There is a maximum of 6 clients per node (in the event that a client rents only a single thread and not a full core)

This would be located in Los Angeles. PM me if you need a test drive.

Duel E5's...

3 day MB guarantee if you want to give us a try. We'd be happy to address any other questions via a sales ticket.

Either way, best of luck to you!

@TheOnlyDK said:
    What is the CPU? Looks like a lot of cores, I'm assuming it's not E5 so one of those X or E series xeons?

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • @Jonchun said:

Sorry, but that's too much. I've been told a max of $20 / month, so.. Thanks for the offer though.

• TheOnlyDK said: Getting poor download and upload to Seattle, not sure if it's the node or its the general connection.

What location is this in? LA is the only good CC location on the west coast.

• @linuxthefish said:
    What location is this in? LA is the only good CC location on the west coast.

It is the CC LA DC.