Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlbaHost 3 Month Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlbaHost 3 Month Review

xaitmixaitmi Member
edited March 2016 in Reviews

A few months ago I was looking for a few high storage servers (Referred to as VPS #2 in this review). I got offers from a few "unknown" providers (One of them didn't even have a website lol), AlbaHost gave me the best deal. I was kind of questioning weather I should buy from them or not as they do not seem to have any offers posted on LET.

I'm glad I went with them. I've been with AlbaHost for approximately 3 months now.

Proof I'm their customer

I have 2 VPS's with them, both custom plans. (Note: Specs don't match the description in the screenshot above as Albahost customized the plans to my needs).

VPS #1 Used as a Reverse Proxy for one of my sites that are constantly DDoS attacked.

512 MB Ram

1 CPU Core

20GB HDD

ServerBear Stats: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2016/03/21/6MI09GMbCg0GTjqm

VPS #2 Used as a Seedbox for 6 users on private torrent sites like IPTorrents

4GB Ram

3 CPU Cores

500GB HDD

I did not run ServerBear on this VPS as it is busy seeding and downloading torrents so the BenchMark's would be skewed.

Support:
I can't comment on their support as I have not opened a single ticket because I have not had any issues, which is a good thing.

Uptime on both VPS's are 100%, no network issues either.

AlbaHost has good customer service, on LET they replied to me very quickly when I had questions prior to, and shortly after purchasing.

Fun Fact:
I live in Canada, and I used to use an OVH Canada VPS as a reverse proxy for one of my sites. It was always sluggish.
When I switched the reverse proxy over to the OVH France VPS (VPS #1 in this review), the site got much faster, loads smooth as butter.

Does not make sense to me as to why France would be much faster than Canada when I live in Canada, but hey, it works, it's awesome.

Suggestions:
I don't like how there's no option to make their site default English for me.
All the emails I received so far are not in english.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/IzstJ9X.png

Other than that, I highly recommend AlbaHost to anyone that is interested.

If you need a custom plan, just hit up @AlbaHost via PM, they will more than likely work something out for you.

Thanked by 1AlbaHost

Comments

• WHTWHT Member

Albahost is the best hosting provider in the Albanian room. Really stable and secure. Recommended. Keep it up shqipe :)

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

Thank you very much for kind words, glad you are happy.

Cheers.

• Nice review @xaitmi.

@AlbaHost, do you have an english version of your website? Or, is one in the pipeline?

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@BeardyUnixGuy said:
    Nice review xaitmi.

AlbaHost, do you have an english version of your website? Or, is one in the pipeline?

No not really, unfirtunately only in Albanian langugage. That's why we don't have much offers in LET...

• @AlbaHost said:
    No not really, unfirtunately only in Albanian langugage. That's why we don't have much offers in LET...

If you made an english version of your site im sure it would boost your sales a lot, and also let you post offers on LET

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • Also @Jarland when I was posting this review there was a red warning box that said I do not have permission to post in this category. Had to try a few times before it went through. Was weird. Just thought I'd report it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@xaitmi said:
    Also Jarland when I was posting this review there was a red warning box that said I do not have permission to post in this category. Had to try a few times before it went through. Was weird. Just thought I'd report it.

Odd. Thanks for reporting.