Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Hetzner offers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Hetzner offers

The Future Is Already Here with Our New Dedicated Root Servers

Hetzner Online has simultaneously launched three new dedicated root server models which feature the high-tech Intel Xeon E3-1275 v5 Quad-Core Skylake CPU and high-performance 64 GB DDR4 ECC RAM.

These models have been revamped with different storage, so the dedicated root server PX61 has been modified with 2x4 TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 rpm Enterprise-class HDDs, and we have stashed the PX61-SSD with 2x480 GB Data Center Series SSDs.

For the first time, Hetzner Online has incorporated state-of-the-art 2x512 GB NVMe Gen3 x4 SSDs into a server, so you can get a piece of the future with our PX61-NVMe dedicated root server.

The full power of SSD storage is unnecessarily and greatly limited by conventional interfaces like SATA and SAS, especially in professional business environments. The NVMe specification is the solution – it enables SSDs to fully use their high levels of parallelism to rapidly process massive amounts of data.

NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) is a device interface specification specially designed for accessing non-volatile storage media via PCI Express (PCle). The connection via PCle Gen3 x4 not only provides a connection speed that is up to four times faster than conventional SATA interfaces but also takes advantage of much lower latency. Thanks to a high level of parallelism and very low power consumption, it is sure to meet your current and future storage needs.

To ensure that you have ample bandwidth, we supply all three servers with a 1 Gbit/s port and 30 TB of included traffic without limitation.

The three models are yours for the taking at € 70.21 a month plus a one-time set-up fee of € 141.61. As other Hetzner Online products, there is no minimal contract required.

For a complete overview of our PX server series, please see

https://www.hetzner.de/us/hosting/produktmatrix/rootserver-produktmatrix-px

Looks pretty nice :>

Thanked by 2alice2k 24601

Comments

• Damn. These are really good prices from hetzner, I've been testing the V5 series for a while and they're absolutely amazing.

Price, performance and 64GB RAM? V5 kills it.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Overpriced shit. They are falling more and more behind OVH/Online.net...

• Butters said: Intel Xeon E3-1275 v5

Whoever gets one of these, please do a dmidecode and tell me what motherboard are they using?

• BochiBochi Member

@rm_ said:

Care to explain a bit?
    As far as I can see the cheapest server provided by OVH is about an 1€ more expensive and the ones with E3 come in even higher.

Thanked by 1sercio
  • The setup fee is way too high ;)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Bochi said: OVH is about an 1€ more expensive

Check out OVH's SoYouStart lineup: http://www.soyoustart.com/fr/serveurs-essential/

• @rm_ Hetzner's servers from this offer are several hardware generations newer than the SoYouStart offers.

• BradNDBradND Member
    edited March 2016

@rm_ said:

At least hetzner let you add disks to any of the offers?

Not really that overpriced, either.

• BochiBochi Member
    edited March 2016

@rm_ said:
    Check out OVH's SoYouStart lineup: http://www.soyoustart.com/fr/serveurs-essential/

Ok, I know about them - though I don't think SYS is comparable to Hetzner, OVH.com however is.
    And yes, SYS has cheaper servers. But this are older CPUs and if you compare it to their biggest configurations with 64GB of RAM, they come with smaller HDDs (and no SSD option) at the same or a higher price.
    Don't get me wrong, I really like SYS - but there is a reason why it's called "SoYouStart".

@Spacedust said:
    The setup fee is way too high ;)

This. But I think this doesn't matter that much if one plans to use this for a longer time.

• lootloot Member

Made their stuff in auction really cheap, picked up one of their auction pieces this morning for $28, i7-2600 on Asus P8H67-M PRO, 16GB DDR3 Kingston, 2 x 3TB RAID, 1Gbps pipe with 20TB bandwidth a month before hitting the cap, I'll take it for less than what my Google Fi costs every month I'd say why not? I wouldn't go for it if it had the 70+ setup fee but these didn't and I got them all set up between getting up and getting to work and service was pretty spot and efficient to say the least. For under 30 bucks I was definitely expecting a lot les in terms of HD space and probably more in the 8ish range in terms of RAM.

I can see why paying someone 70+ dollars to set something up that involves mostly you working on it would be kind of dumb but the deal till has value and if you don't even pay that then you're on easy street, no upselling or anything, I'll probably grab a few more IPv4s but at a dollar each that's reasonable and worth 2 cocktails' worth of dineros anyhow. Can't actually be sure the Dutch auction is actually real since there' another rig at almost the same price right now but frankly you pay what you feel ike you can get out of it, right?

• blackblack Member

Thanked by 1Rolter
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Setup fees are ok, such servers are to be kept for a long time.