Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Sponsorship VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Sponsorship VPS

mujmuj Member
edited February 2013 in General

Hi

I run a blog and the cost of the server is costing alot monthly as I am a student,

Can anyone arrange a sponsorship by any chance such as a ad on my website or linkback. My site receives around 2000 users a day and it can help your ranking ;)

Needs to be 512 Ram

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4603/statsoc.png

Comments

• Do you really need a VPS? If you want shared hosting we can do that :)

We can also sponsor a MaxCDN Zone to power the static site of your blog, let me know via PM.

• @muj blog url? what's your site about?

• We can do hosting on cpanel for free

• mujmuj Member
    edited February 2013

ConsoleCrunch

I post console jailbreaks, homebrew, programs and more...

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited February 2013

He already contacted me and I offered him something at $1/mo with a ton of resources and an add placement on his site. Not sure his site would bring a lot of customers, and if it can't afford $1 a month with that many visitors I don't know what to tell you.

• @curtisg said: We can do hosting on cpanel for free

lol.I need one with cpanel

• We'd be willing to offer free hosting on cPanel, or a 512mb ram vps loaded with nginx + mysql + php. Port speed limited to 100mbps however.

• Hey @Muj

I had a peak around your website, seems to be WordPress with Xenforo integration.

Although I'd be unable to help you out with the XenForo hosting, Gatsby should be perfect for your blog - I have a thing about optimising the heck out of WordPress, so you should see some significant speed increases if you choose to switch.

As you do have pre-existing content, a theme I don't currently have uploaded as well as a few un-supported plugins, I'd probably need to work with you to get everything migrated perfectly.
    I'm happy to do that for you though, at no cost, shoot me an message on here if you're interested.

If you decide to host elsewhere, no worries! I do have a few optimisation tricks that I'd be happy to share with you :)

• jhjh Member

@ElliotJ I've looked at Gatsby and it looks great, but how are you doing it for free?

• @jhadley said: @ElliotJ I've looked at Gatsby and it looks great, but how are you doing it for free?

Paid plans/features will be coming out soon :)

• GaNiGaNi Member
    edited February 2013

edit: meh...

• @muj said: I run a blog and the cost of the server is costing alot monthly as I am a student,

Find a way of monetizing it to at least pay expenses, or drop it.

Learn to spend within your means now and it'll come in useful over the next 50 years.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

I'd be happy to help out with this.

• Likewise. Just shoot me a pm.

• Find a way of monetizing it to at least pay expenses, or drop it.

Yeah. Something with 2k visitors / day should be earning much more than a 512 Mb VPS from LEB will cost. Probably just with a Google Adsense it should be earning at least $50/mo if blocks will be placed correctly.
    I'm running a blog with 700-1000 unique visitors / day and it's earning me ~ $70 on ads, enough to pay all my LEboxes to host all others. =)

• @Damian has decent cPanel webhosting for $1, I guess even a student can pay $1

• @muj I have sent you a PM with an offer.

• @muj: great blog! i just realized they released cfw for 4.30 and i have aquestion. how do i upgrade my cfw 3.55 to 4.30? do i need to update multiman too? w00t im gonna play re6 and bo2!

• @cosmicgate you just have to install toggle_qa.pkg to enable qa and update firmware. I'm running CFW 4.30 Rogero and it's great.

• mujmuj Member
    edited February 2013

@cosmicgate said: great blog! i just realized they released cfw for 4.30 and i have aquestion. how do i upgrade my cfw 3.55 to 4.30? do i need to update multiman too? w00t im gonna play re6 and bo2!

Thanks, first you go http://consolecrunch.com/update-1-rogero-cfw-cex-v4-30-2-05-released/ and download "Rogero 4.30 2.05" (At the bottom)

1. Download the Rebug QA_Toggle package from here ---> toggle_qa.pkg
    2. Put the "toggle_qa.pkg" on USB and Install it on the PS3.
    3. Run the "Rebug Toggle QA" from XMB, the screen will go Black and you will see HDD 4. Led activity then if all went fine you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and the PS3 will Restart back to XMB.
    4. If you want to make sure QA flag was set, go to "Network Settings" then apply the following key combo (all at the same time):

L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down

You should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if done correctly.

then update over any CFW3.55 in XMB.

• @nstorm said: Yeah. Something with 2k visitors / day should be earning much more than a 512 Mb VPS from LEB will cost. Probably just with a Google Adsense it should be earning at least $50/mo if blocks will be placed correctly.

I'm running a blog with 700-1000 unique visitors / day and it's earning me ~ $70 on ads, enough to pay all my LEboxes to host all others. =)

They suspended me because I have a shoutbox

• @muj @nstorm: what do the qa pkg exactly? i was under the impression that i can just download the rogero 4.30 cfw, rename it, put it onto usb and from xmb select update from usb.

• @cosmicgate said: what do the qa pkg exactly? i was under the impression that i can just download the rogero 4.30 cfw, rename it, put it onto usb and from xmb select update from usb.

You can also do that, but its more safer to use QA

• They suspended me because I have a shoutbox

Huh? Whats wrong with having a shoutbox and google adsense? Unless you are doing something wrong this shouldn't get you suspended.

• @nstorm said: Huh? Whats wrong with having a shoutbox and google adsense? Unless you are doing something wrong this shouldn't get you suspended.

ADS IN NEWSLETTERS/EMAIL/CHAT PROGRAMS: As stated in our program policies, AdSense publishers may not place ad code, search boxes or search results in emails or email programs sent to third parties. This includes but is not limited to newsletters, instant messaging (IMs), and chat sites. Due to privacy regulations, potential legal risk and targeting concerns, we cannot permit publishers to serve ads against message content or on pages that contain dynamic content.

• nstormnstorm Member
    edited February 2013

That means that you can't place adsense code inside shoutbox. It's nothing wrong if you place it on site with shoutbox, just don't put it inside the shoutbox itself.

I replied to your message regarding this.

• how about my website?

Did you ever get anything sorted?

• @RobertJFClarke said: Did you ever get anything sorted?

What you mean?