Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Month of Delimiter ObjSpace
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Month of Delimiter ObjSpace

Didn't see anyone post Delimiter's new offer so here's a C&P from their promo email:

Try ObjSpace 100GB Plan for Free.

Delimiter's most versatile product by far is ObjSpace, our S3-compatible object storage platform. Blazing fast with 10GigE public network connectivity per ObjSpace head and infinitely scalable NVMe-accelerated storage.

Everyone has their own use cases for it and that's the beauty of the platform. Just personally I use ObjSpace to:

Quickly upload screenshots & files with DropShare

Backup my Macs using Arq
Backup all of my WordPress sites with the ObjSpace WP Backup plugin
Sync my VM snapshots between my Proxmox nodes with S3cmd
The uses are endless and we want to give you a chance to test it out for yourself.

Use the coupon code TRYOBJSPACE to get 1 Month Free on the 100GB plan (normally just $2.50/month).

This includes 400GB of outbound bandwidth. Inbound bandwidth and all request types are free.

Read more about ObjSpace & Signup Here!

The discount also applies to longer terms, so you can get 1 month free on quarterly or annual billing if you'd prefer that.

Thanked by 2Noerman bersy

Comments

• I'm re-working our Wiki at the moment, but there are already a few ObjSpace tutorials up there: http://wiki.delimiter.com/display/DEL/ObjSpace

I'm working on a guide for our WP Backup plugin & gotta get @MarkTurner to put together a cPanel backup one as that's another popular request.

• what is ojbspace used for?

• @DanteInverse said:
    what is ojbspace used for?

It's object storage with an S3-compatible API. So anything you'd connect with Amazon S3 you could hook up with ObjSpace.

• k0nslk0nsl Member
    edited March 2016

I will be using this for a project soon. Right now I'm only using it for displaying screenshots, etc,.

I've used it since March 12 and so far it's been working great. Yeah, I know, it's far too early to give any ultimate judgements. I'm liking it so far, though!

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • mikeyur said: gotta get @MarkTurner to put together a cPanel backup one as that's another popular request.

cPanel backup working fine, but requires some files to be edited in cPanel. I made a script to do it, takes 1-2 minutes.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited March 2016

Will this eventually be available in LA?

Edit: ObjSpace I mean

• Setsura said: Will this eventually be available in LA?

Yes, it is being rolled out to all sites.

• dailydaily Member

This is exactly what I've been wanting to try out! Thanks, @ThracianDog.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Shame it cant be presented as iscsi targets, I would be all over it. :)

• AnthonySmith said: Shame it cant be presented as iscsi targets, I would be all over it. :)

You could set that up but it would be as slow as hell.

• @k0nsl said: Right now I'm only using it for displaying screenshots, etc,.

There's basically endless ways to use it. Just create a new bucket and connect it up to some other tool to test.

Want to setup a personal owncloud? Set it up on a small VPS, hook it into ObjSpace to handle storage and you're off to the races. Create a cron to run backups with S3cmd on your servers, then re-distribute those backups from ObjSpace to other boxes. Offload bigger files from your webserver to be delivered via ObjSpace.

I use the WP backup plugin for nightlies on my sites: https://github.com/yomura/objspacebackup - and then sync those down to my other box where I could spin them up quickly if needed.

Thanked by 2k0nsl bersy
  • edited March 2016

Ah yes, it's finally on the CC client area rather than the other one. Been waiting for the BW to be increased, guess it is time to have a try...

@mikeyur said:
    I use the WP backup plugin for nightlies on my sites: https://github.com/yomura/objspacebackup - and then sync those down to my other box where I could spin them up quickly if needed.

They are nice as reliable CDN pull origins as well, much more reliable than shared hosting.

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

If needed, our php programmer can make some custom modules to work with it or something, @MarkTurner :)

• @ALinuxNinja said:
    Ah yes, it's finally on the CC client area rather than the other one. Been waiting for the BW to be increased, guess it is time to have a try...

Approved your order. We've been building modules to get the remaining products over to the new panel. We're working on the stats part of the equation too - but likely still a couple weeks out (so you can see stats on storage/bandwidth/requests).

Thanked by 1PrincessOfCats
  • what's the size limit for a single file? Same as S3?

All objects are being stored in a single DC I guess?

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

I have been using them for some time for non production work. I think 2 major things are still missing.
    1) Stats . S3 Stats is an awesome thing with delimiter there are no stats.
    2) Bandwidth Usage :- There is no way you can find out your bandwidth usage

• @cfgguy said:
    I have been using them for some time for non production work.

@cfgguy, what's keeping you on as a subscriber (aka. the pros)? I haven't found a use for this but I have a feeling I'm going soon.

• @david_W said:
    what's the size limit for a single file? Same as S3?

All objects are being stored in a single DC I guess?

I believe from the file system level you can do 5GB chunks, but we have like 100GB+ snapshots on ObjSpace w/o issue.

Yes, this is just in Atlanta for the time being.

• @cfgguy said:
    I have been using them for some time for non production work. I think 2 major things are still missing.
    1) Stats . S3 Stats is an awesome thing with delimiter there are no stats.
    2) Bandwidth Usage :- There is no way you can find out your bandwidth usage

We're building stats into the new module, so requests/storage/bandwidth. Storage is easy to find right now in most apps though, can pull info on a bucket.

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

@ThracianDog said:
    cfgguy, what's keeping you on as a subscriber (aka. the pros)? I haven't found a use for this but I have a feeling I'm going soon.

I paid annually so even if i cancel it there wont be any refunds. On top of it I did pay a invoice twice by mistake but there customer support said very rudely that we don`t offer refunds.

• mikeyur said: So anything you'd connect with Amazon S3 you could hook up with ObjSpace.

Is there a way to host static websites (a debian repository with a landing page) like on S3?

• @Silvenga said:
    Is there a way to host static websites (a debian repository with a landing page) like on S3?

I tried it on my account before and it didn't work, I'll chat with some folks tomorrow and see if it's something we can enable.

• I wish we could use our own domain instead of obj.space for hotlinking files

• @Ruriko said:
    I wish we could use our own domain instead of obj.space for hotlinking files

The feature set is there, just hasn't been fully exposed. I think these plans will get re-worked when we launch other locations. Probably less storage/bandwidth per tier and more features.

• @mikeyur said:
    The feature set is there, just hasn't been fully exposed. I think these plans will get re-worked when we launch other locations. Probably less storage/bandwidth per tier and more features.

So is it possible to change to custom domain? if so how? cause I did ask support about a month ago and they said it's not possible atm

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited March 2016

@Ruriko said:
    So is it possible to change to custom domain? if so how? cause I did ask support about a month ago and they said it's not possible atm

It's technically possible, but it's not part of the current offering. You could try pointing a cname record at yourbucket.obj.space - might be a good workaround for the time being.

Nope, that didn't work.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Does the S3 target have always on power and cooling?

• What are the current network uplinks+peers?

Any timeline for a European objspace location?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@mikeyur said:
    Nope, that didn't work.

But that would work, its not that hard. Wildcard records and redirects 301.

• @vimalware said:
    What are the current network uplinks+peers?

Any timeline for a European objspace location?

ObjSpace is connected at 10GE to the public network from each head. ATL: XO, TW Telecom (Level3), Cogent.

No timeline for EU