Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need VPS [UK, NL, France]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need VPS [UK, NL, France]

tooonamitooonami Member
edited December 2011 in General

Hi all, I need a VPS for aroun £10 per month it must have at least 1gig RAM 10gig Storage and be based either in UK, NL or France. Also would prefer if it does not allow torrents.

Any suggestions????

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi tooonami

I would suggest upping your budget just a tad for EU locations (If you want reliability and a host thats not going to do a runner in a months time)

Also, what virtualization type are you requiring? OVZ/Xen/KVM

And did you mean to say it does or does not allow torrents, i can see that you wrote does not, its just a weird request if thats the case (I can understand why though)

All the best

Ash

• Does NOT allow torrents, I hate trying to work with servers when they are being trashed with torrents

Thanked by 1marrco
  • Ah no typo then, like i said i understand completely why you wouldn't want to be on a torrent allowed node :P

• Your OVZ-Large (£12.80), is it in stock plus do you have instant setup or whats the waiting time?

• @VMPort said: Ah no typo then, like i said i understand completely why you wouldn't want to be on a torrent allowed node :P

In their defense, Quickweb, while allowing of such, don't cater to that market and I don't recall any major IO problems with their server.

It's all in how you market yourself.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited December 2011

Yep well its like anything, its all down to how OTT certain users go. //drmike Moderated my ass//

• cough I thought self promotion wasn't allowed here, @VMPort :)

I forgot to mention that I did rate limit my torrenting to 150kb/sec in both directions. I'm a good little torrenter.

• Ahh its not self-promotion if they asked me :P

• @drmike said: I'm a good little torrenter.

i always wish if any torrenter do the same like you. :P

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited December 2011

Well I normally seed to 20ish and considering I'm trading books and RPS material, it's not like it's stuff that I need right away. (edit: I'll admit that I throw in the occasional game but even then, I'll leave it there for a while. Plus I play those annoying 200+ hour RPGs like Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age. You know. The ones with an actual plot.)

I'm actually surprised about @Fran's comment in the other thread about folks doing mostly private trackers. Those are the ones who are going to be building ratios but yet if they're cranking the speeds, that's usually a sign of hit and runs I would think.

• @drmike said: Plus I play those annoying 200+ hour RPGs like Elder Scrolls

really? i only took 2 days to finish that game. :P

torrent (and any other "blacklisted" technology/software) is like a drugs, it'll "cure" you if you know the doses. :D

• @Mon5t3r said: really? i only took 2 days to finish that game. :P

Morrowind can be completed in under 20 minutes. There's a couple of speed videos up on youtube. (Please forgive me for not giving a link. Very quickly running out of time and trying to also go through some tickets.)

I'm the type that has to do every question and storyline that i can. Dragon Age took like 2 months. The first modern Neverwinter Knights was like 3.

• DotVPS comes to mind

• @DotVPS said: @birdie25

Thanks for the lead.

We can offer our LEB offer for you. even know it has hit our 85/85 limit. if you submit a ticket ill add one more for you.

If thats not self promotion I dont know what is, Anyway I would go with VMport if you want better proformance.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2011

@Taylor said: VMport

From my experience they are great so far :)

• Thank you folks! Greatly appreciated,

• @Mon5t3r said: i always wish if any torrenter do the same like you. :P

Just to make you all sick, my current ratio on Demonoid is 90.6 as of 5 minutes ago. Those little puny book torrents are a blast. :)