Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Validation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Validation

hudsonhudson Member
edited March 2016 in Help
  1. My passport expired many years ago when I was underage. (now I'm 20). Is it going to be a problem?
  2. I can send them my ID / Health card / debit card pictures. Will it be enough?
  3. Bought VPS 30 minutes ago, how long it usually takes?

Thanks

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I had many servers there when I was under 18. Never needed verification.

• BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

@hudson said:
    1. My passport expired many years ago when I was underage. (now I'm 20). Is it going to be a problem?
    2. I can send them my ID / Health card / debit card pictures. Will it be enough?
    3. Bought VPS 30 minutes ago, how long it usually takes?

Thanks

Did you buy it from OVH.ie or OVH.us?

• Just send passport and proof of address, phone bill in your name works.

They accepted my expired passport when I did this, you will be fine.

• And what country are you from?

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited March 2016

linuxthefish said: and proof of address, phone bill in your name works.

I always wondered how this works. I myself don't have a single bill on paper - not for phone, not for electricity, not for water and not for anything else. I pay everything online and receive all my bills electronically.

• @rds100 said:

Doesn't change the fact that the bills are in your name and that you have to pay them, whether it's a PDF or a piece of paper.

• @linuxthefish said:
    And what country are you from?

I'm from Croatia.

@rds100 said:

Same; I dont know what to send a picture of. :[

• Issam2204 said: Doesn't change the fact that the bills are in your name and that you have to pay them, whether it's a PDF or a piece of paper.

So what do i send then? A screenshot of a website where my bill is displayed? I don't think my address is in that screenshot anyway.

• My server was online in 2-3min I didnt send nothing do them. Im also from Croatia.

• rds100 said: I always wondered how this works. I myself don't have a single bill on paper - not for phone, not for electricity, not for water and not for anything else. I pay everything online and receive all my bills electronically.

If you get a .pdf, print it off then re-scan it - works every time for me!

Thanked by 2rds100 doghouch
  • In my OVH panel it just says "Validating", but didnt get any email or anything from them.

• @hudson said:
    In my OVH panel it just says "Validating", but didnt get any email or anything from them.

You need to wait a few days for a reply.

Their validation process is kind of slow.

• sinsin Member

rds100 said: I pay everything online and receive all my bills electronically.

I printed out a bank statement from my online banking and then scanned so it looked like it came in the mail, OVH accepted it.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish