Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoYouStart sells overclocked CPU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SoYouStart sells overclocked CPU

exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR
edited March 2016 in General

It seems there is a new line of SoYouStart game servers, and one of them uses overclocked CPU. I wonder if it is stable under 100% constant load

Project 1527-3

€63.00 /2 weeks (price after 2 weeks: €124.99 /mo.)

i7-6700K Overclocked/4.7 GHz Turbo Boost

64 GB DDR4 RAM

2 x 240 GB SSD

https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/innovation-zone/hardware/

Comments

• nepsneps Member

It's possible; in my experience Skylake chips overclock quite well. I'd monitor the temps.

• Interesting if they use some sort of liquid cooling (they already have experience in this area).

• xyzxyz Member
    edited March 2016

I've actually wondered, what's stopping you from overclocking the cheaper 6700K CPUs? I presume you can't get into the BIOS, but what about those Windows based overclocking programs? No motherboard support?

Probably can't overclock it to 4.7GHz unless lucky, but there should be headroom for some overclocking.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@rds100 said:
    Interesting if they use some sort of liquid cooling (they already have experience in this area).

Aren't all of their services liquid cooled?

• afaik only the cheaper servers, the higher priced ones are in normal 19" cases

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@AlexBarakov said:
    Aren't all of their services liquid cooled?

Yes, mostly.