Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seedbox
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seedbox

regsregs Member
edited December 2011 in Offers

I am looking for a server to install a seedbox on, not really a big one, but would like 20-30gb of storage, 300gb of transfer.

Curious as to what you guys would recommend?

Comments

• fanfan Veteran

Buyvm?

• AsimAsim Member
    edited December 2011

www.BuyVM.net?

• fanfan Veteran

Well, to be honest, I'm planning to get a 256mb ovz from buyvm when their next wave of stock comes, to use as a seedbox. But I think it's better to ask @Francisco first to ensure it's okay to do. :P

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

AFAIK Fran allows torrents however if there is a DMCA or anything then you'll have to stop.

• @Infinity said: AFAIK Fran allows torrents however if there is a DMCA or anything then you'll have to stop.

DMCA.. Thought they where canadian based?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2011

Our IP's are canadian and because of that we get maybe 1 - 2 DMCA's a day.

Users can torrent just fine with us. To be honest I figure most people are on private trackers these days anyways.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Our IP's are canadian and because of that we get maybe 1 - 2 DMCA's a day.

You mean that you'd receive more if you had US ips only?

• @bobinfo said: You mean that you'd receive more if you had US ips only?

Of-course! Canadian DMCA is international, more work(more a headache). US is almost always local, threaten the owner, doesn't work go after the ISP!

• Asim

Yep, it would be great to buy a plan from them but there are no available stock, and there won't be for a time:
    Francisco /in comments of latest buym blog post/
    "This is pretty much dribs/drabs of fraud orders and the likes, we are not doing a full restock this year, most likely won’t until Summer or so due to harddrive prices being unreasonable."

So any alternative out there? I'm not looking for a seedbox host, but for a cheap host that allows warez linking (or more likely: do not monitor the content till dmca) and can allow a few dmca per month/year (really not that much, if any), and can redirect it for me (so i can delete the posts specified).

• DMCA has no effect over european hosts so i would suggest looking for something there. Warez linking however is a whole different kettle of fish to torrenting.

• @ mahjong - head over to wjunction. I doubt any providers will admit it here.

• mahjongmahjong Member
    edited December 2011

@Gary - but users can help me maybe by writing host names and experiences, if hosts do not admit it openly. On wjunction there are not much lowend host, a lot of them highly priced and not much of them is reliable (rapidspeeds case, for a big example)

• @Francisco said: To be honest I figure most people are on private trackers these days anyways.

snort If I was on private trackers, I'd have nothing to trade.

@VMPort said: Warez linking however is a whole different kettle of fish to torrenting.

Actually I think it's worse. With torrenting, you have to prove that the owner was the one using the connection and not just being hijacked. With linking, it's their site and easy to prove.

• I believe what he's getting at is that torrenting and warez linking have two different levels of acceptable. For example, we're fine with torrenting, but trying to run a warez site is a very quick way to obtain my professional interest.

• @mahjong said: So any alternative out there? I'm not looking for a seedbox host, but for a cheap host that allows warez linking (or more likely: do not monitor the content till dmca) and can allow a few dmca per month/year (really not that much, if any), and can redirect it for me (so i can delete the posts specified).

Oh, What @Aldryic said, bit of torrenting is very different to involved in your face copyright violations. Saying that tried prq.se/ They host, wanna guess? Or they used to anyway. That's about the only provider I know who likes to outright say we support your frowned upon activities.

Also, its low-end in the hardware department! Although PM me if you find any lowend bulletproof hosting, I'm genuinely curious.

• ztecztec Member
    edited December 2011

If you create your "Warez linking site" in such a way that it looks like it's user generated content and the whole idea of the site doesn't promise any warez, you decrease your chance of being blamed by 99%, having said that - I'd host somewhere in Europe.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited December 2011

Have to admit that I would just use one of the free blogging sites. That way you have no paper trail. :)

• My big question with these is what do you do once you get the files you want? Just download them to your computer at home? I guess it is a good way to not get in trouble with anyone, but it seems like an extra step. I guess I could set up an rsync to do it.

• you can try white label hosting vps. they are running special christmas sales with this spec

1024MB RAM - 2048MB BURSTABLE RAM
    100GB Diskspace
    2TB Bandwidth
    1GBPS Port
    10$/month
    Located in The Netherlands

and they also allow torrent on they vps service. and 1 more thing, they have custom os for seedbox :) awesome right? :D

link: http://whitelabelhosting.org/order/cart.php?gid=12

• Thanks for the link!

• you welcome, hope you enjoy it :)