Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A journey through LET providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A journey through LET providers

So I wanna deploy TT-RSS this morning 9:30 GMT.

First tried @stillary, card was declined but no error message. Granted a did get an but had already moved on

Second tried LunaNode as I have some credit with them, tried to spin up an instance and there metadata open stack servers was not up so after 20 mins gave up

Third tried scaleway and there dns revolver was down so could not install any packages

Forth brought a dedi from kimisurf, delivered in 2 mins and worked perfectly.

Job done, TT-RSS up and running with room to deploy a few servers over NAT.

If your gonna run a service at least make sure it works....

Comments

• You could have just changed your DNS resolvers by editing /etc/resolv.conf for Scaleway.

This would suffice:

nameserver 8.8.8.8
    nameserver 8.8.4.4

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • +1 for TT-RSS

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2016

ollietrex said: If your gonna run a service at least make sure it works....

If you're going to move on every time you hit a snag instead of troubleshooting issues or notifying the host of a problem, how are they to know there's even a problem? For example, Lunanode is working fine, so you should've given them something to work with. They're not physically watching every wheel spin, open a ticket and let them know that one wheel was spinning too long for you.

Honestly, kind of sounds like you need a managed hosting provider with your "Everything works instantly without troubleshooting or I purchase elsewhere" approach. You're probably spending the same amount of money anyway.

• alfredalfred Member, Host Rep

ollietrex said: First tried @stillary, card was declined but no error message. Granted a did get an but had already moved on

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience, and I encourage you to try again. Usually, when a card is declined an error message would be shown with the Stripe interface; the scenario you ran into was exceptionally rare (Stripe allowed the card to be added to your account but not to be charged).

• jarland said: Honestly, kind of sounds like you need a managed hosting provider

I second that. Some managed hosting providers are excellent. I've used one for some sites for quite a few years, and honestly it's completely trouble free and just keeps on ticking. @ollietrex, I recommend Superb.

Thanked by 1jar