Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenStatus 0.4.0 Released! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenStatus 0.4.0 Released!

2»

Comments

• SwordfishBESwordfishBE Member
    edited December 2011
    2011-12-03 23:54:30,693 WARNING Could not connect to server *.*.*.*:12999: Connection timed out
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/openstatus-client", line 383, in 
        main()
      File "/usr/bin/openstatus-client", line 372, in main
        time.sleep(float(config['misc']['interval']) - exectime)
    IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

It sometimes crashes when it is not able to connect to the openstatus-server.

• Another thing that might be great to change is to change warnings from client side to server side. At this time, I have to logon to all my boxes to change the warning levels when they could easily be set in the database. Just let the client send the data, and the server can handle whether or not it is a warning.

• clarity_64clarity_64 Member
    edited December 2011

@SwordfishBE said: It sometimes crashes when it is not able to connect to the openstatus-server.

I am getting the same error on one of my boxes, but it doesn't say anything about not connecting.

2011-12-05 20:12:14,040 INFO Started with PID 13833

2011-12-05 20:12:14,063 INFO Not monitoring any commands
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/openstatus-client", line 383, in
    main()
    File "/usr/bin/openstatus-client", line 372, in main
    time.sleep(float(config['misc']['interval']) - exectime)
    IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

• Did you uncomment the word [commands] at the beginning before putting the commands in below?

• clarity_64clarity_64 Member
    edited December 2011

Yes. I have this setup on multiple boxes. This one works for awhile and send the information, and then it just stops working. I am also not using commands. I am using the processes section.

• I'll try to track this bug down tonight when I have some more time to work on it. Thanks for the report.

• @SwordfishBE, @dclardy: I'm unable to reproduce this problem on my Debian 6 system with python 2.6. Can you please tell me what version of python you're using? Thanks.

• I just this up (both client and server) on a Debian 6 VPS (xen) and so far so good except that it says last updated 15317d 20:34:40 and the uptime is blank and so is memory and disk info. Though the load seems fine. Oh and transfer is also blank.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Luma

• Python 2.6.6

I moved my openstatus-server to another, more central, vps, now the crashes on the openstatus-client servers are almost gone, sometimes it still does crash. It seems when the openstatus-client is getting a timeout for some reason, it crashes.
    I've made a small crontab script that checks every 5 min if openstatus-client is down and needs a restart, so that solves my problem.

• Swordfish, I was having the same issues initially and found it was due to multiple instances of OpenStatus running. I killed them all off in htop, then restarted the OpenStatus client and it was fine.

Another issue, that also was giving me a heap of issues was due to time sync. Makes sure your servers are all running off an identical NTP server, otherwise you get errors. The easiest way to check this is look at the OpenStatus page, then refresh, if the time goes backwards by a few seconds on any of the servers you have a time difference issue.

Regards,

.Joel

• This might be a vulnerability issue, please look at it.

2011 Dec 17 04:42:47 ph ALERT - ASCII-NUL chars not allowed within request variables - dropped variable 'controller' (attacker '218.1.67.151', file '/usr/share/openstatus-server/public_html/index.php')

Results for 218.1.67.151 :

% [whois.apnic.net node-1]
    % Whois data copyright terms    http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html

inetnum:        218.1.0.0 - 218.1.255.255
    netname:        CHINANET-SH
    descr:          CHINANET Shanghai province network
    descr:          Data Communication Division
    descr:          China Telecom
    admin-c:        CH93-AP
    tech-c:         XI5-AP
    mnt-by:         APNIC-HM
    mnt-lower:      MAINT-CHINANET-SH
    mnt-routes:     MAINT-CHINANET-SH
    changed:        [email protected] 20060427
    source:         APNIC

person:         Chinanet Hostmaster
    nic-hdl:        CH93-AP
    e-mail:         [email protected]
    address:        No.31 ,jingrong street,beijing
    address:        100032
    phone:          +86-10-58501724
    fax-no:         +86-10-58501724
    changed:        [email protected] 20070416
    mnt-by:         MAINT-CHINANET

person:         Wu Xiao Li
    address:        Room 805,61 North Si Chuan Road,Shanghai,200085,PRC
    phone:          +86-21-63630562
    fax-no:         +86-21-63630566
    e-mail:         [email protected]
    nic-hdl:        XI5-AP
    mnt-by:         MAINT-CHINANET-SH
    changed:        [email protected] 20010510

• "controller" isn't a request variable that's used in OpenStatus. It looks like some skiddy scanning for vulnerable Joomla installations.

Thanked by 1drmike
  • I see. Thanks! :)

• Hadn't seen this before; quite nice!

• seraphkzseraphkz Member
    edited December 2011

delete

• seraphkz, nice to talk to you in IRC!

• Joel, thank you for your help.

• edited January 2013

Those links are still active, although this: http://demo.nickmoeck.com/

Is interesting!

• @ShardHost said: Those links are still active, although this: http://demo.nickmoeck.com/

Lol, maybe he got rid of a VPS and someone else took his old IP.

• are there any screenshots of this ?

• @ Jack & HalfEatenPie Thanks

• Hi guys, thanks for letting me know about the links. @Night got it right... I cancelled the demo VPS, since I was planning to set up a new demo server, but never got around to doing that. I could have sworn that I deleted that DNS record though. Anyways... I'm going to try to get a new demo page set up today or tomorrow, and maybe a new website for OpenStatus some time soon, since Trac isn't exactly working out as well as I had hoped it would. I do also have plans to release a new version of OpenStatus when I have some time to work on it. Unfortunately, spare time has been a bit of a rare thing for me lately.

• Glad to here you and sorry for your lack of time.I'l wait for the new version to install.