Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with my RTO dedi upgraded with dacentec (Memory + possibly HD)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help with my RTO dedi upgraded with dacentec (Memory + possibly HD)

aFriendaFriend Member

I am at the end of my 12 months for RTO period at dacentec. I am probably going to not change any terms and let them take care of hardware and everything and not move to colocation model.

However, I would like to upgrade the specs buy buying the upgrades with one time cost.
Current specs: Dell CS24-TY (Similar to Dell C1100)
see: wiki

It currently has 9 x 4GB = 36 GB. It has 9 empty slots I think.

It also has 2 x 2TB HD.

I would like to upgrade my RAM to at least 64 GB (or more if RAM is inexpensive)
Questions:

• Any suggestions on the cost involved? Should I go the route of buy myself and ship to dacentec or does dacentec do it at reasonable cost already? If I should buy, recommend a memory deal?
  • How many additional HD can the chasis fit?

Comments

• 1U 4 Bay

It'll hold 2 more drives

Thanked by 1aFriend
  • FalzoFalzo Member

aFriend said: or does dacentec do it at reasonable cost already?

probably best way to find out is asking them?

• @Falzo said:
    probably best way to find out is asking them?

I remember a year ago, I read somewhere here that someone had new RTO and were able to upgrade their hardware upfront. However when I contacted dacentec at the begining of my term, I was told I need to wait a year before I could. So I am already checking with dacentec and comparing it with experience of folks from LET.