Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

maximumvps deadpool? all services down for 2 days
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

maximumvps deadpool? all services down for 2 days

Just 48 hours ago I got the uptimerobot alert that my Lowend KVM box in LA from Maximumvps.net was down.
at that time, there main site was also down. but the solusvm panel can access just with the vps lost connection.

right now, tried again, even the solusvm login fail as "Invalid username & Password".

As in LET, @Maximum_VPS Last Active December 2015... so, can we confirm that this provider is already deadpool?

if so, that's a bad thing, as the VPS was very very stable from the first day I ordered in Nov, 2013. the VPS uptime was nearly 500 days..

Comments

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited March 2016

Did you raise a ticket? Or are you just assuming that he's deadpooled because your server is offline?

[Edit] Website seems fine here..

• As I said, their main website, their client area site, were all down for 2 days.

• yywudiyywudi Member
    edited March 2016

@ATHK said:
    Did you raise a ticket? Or are you just assuming that he's deadpooled because your server is offline?

[Edit] Website seems fine here..

Website seems fine? right now I can't open all sites below

http://maximumvps.net/
    https://maximumvps.net/clients/clientarea.php
    https://maximum-vps.us:5656/home.php (sometimes can open it but seems user information was deleted, can't login)

• expired cert but nobody bother to renew it? abandoned ship properly.

• Their domain also expires in a week. FWIW it looks down from here. GL.

• ATHKATHK Member

Was loading, doesn't seem to be now..

• Wrecked

• nepsneps Member

What a waste.

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited March 2016

Unfortunately, something is going on and I have been anticipating this:

• No monthly invoice generated in the last 30 days
    • No response to a ticket asking them to generate an invoice
    • Which made me think if they don't bill customers, eventually they may not be able to pay their bill and services could get cut off without notice (IIRC they are in GoRack)
    • So, I backed up all my data and started migrating to other instances

Too bad, it has been 2 years of absolutely stellar service. (380+ days uptime on one instance) :-(

(Edit: so far my instances are still up, but this thread confirms my fear that it may be a ghost ship. I would love to be proven wrong and see it be a short term thing and see them spring back to life .... )

• Son of a bitch...I just had an automatic payment sent for yearly renewal yesterday...

• @joereid said:
    Son of a bitch...I just had an automatic payment sent for yearly renewal yesterday...

open ticket and if no answer chargeback

• IshaqIshaq Member

How strange.. I remembered about them a few days ago thinking they've been very inactive recently. Must be my instincts :)

Don't have any services with them, though.

• Not sure, but iirc they rented IP blocks from crissic. Probably QN screwed them with high IP block prices and he gave up?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, he had everything running on the same Node, so if the one node dies, it takes the HP + WHCMS + VPS boxes from the customers.

No idea if he solved that.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Client area is down for me seems they gone!

• @Neoon said:
    Well, he had everything running on the same Node, so if the one node dies, it takes the HP + WHCMS + VPS boxes from the customers.

No idea if he solved that.

Client area is running on LA node, solusvm running on seperate VPS which explains why it's still up. I'll try to contact him and see what's up.

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited March 2016

And ... we're down.

Finally, the node I was on just went down and the Control Panel says the host is currently unavailable.

I removed all VPS data since I was expecting this, so I am not stressed.

Good luck to others, this one doesn't look to be coming back (nodes down, no invoices being generated, SSL Cert expired, Business registration expired, etc).

PS, any reliable + cost-effective KVM providers in Jacksonville and/or Orlando? :)

• sinsin Member

geekalot said: Jacksonville and/or Orlando?

What about NodeServ or Quadranet Infracloud has Miami KVM?

• @sin said:
    What about NodeServ or Quadranet Infracloud has Miami KVM?

Thanks @sin, I already have multiple locations in Miami.

I knew about NodeServ but haven't seen a KVM offer from them in a while here (their last KVM offer was Sept 2014 on LEB; even though they just did an OVZ offer last month).

I'll check on it.

• @geekalot said:

Thanks @sin, I already have multiple locations in Miami.
    >
    I knew about NodeServ but haven't seen a KVM offer from them in a while here (their last KVM offer was Sept 2014 on LEB; even though they just did an OVZ offer last month).
    >
    I'll check on it.
    >

We are alive and well here in Jacksonville FL :)

We aren't currently offering KVM publicly as we plan on rolling out future KVM services out of the SolusVM panel soon enough to make it easier on all of our customers managing multiple types of virtualization all on one platform.

If you do indeed need a KVM VPS, toss me a private message and I'll get you sorted out with our current KVM services, just will require a possible migration in the future

• Thanks for chiming in @Jade_G, I'll followup as necessary.