Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Removing www = seo dropdown
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Removing www = seo dropdown

AbajoAbajo Member
edited March 2016 in Help

Hi guys, I have a site from January 2015.
Anyway, I always had the problem of duplicate content.
www and not-www was both accessible with the same content.
Around three days ago I removed www from htaccess and from google webmaster tool.
Anyway, I noticed today my site has dropped 2 position on my main key word. Is this normal? Is it just temporary?

Comments

• Why would you completely remove access to one of them? Surely a simple redirect would do a better job.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • AbajoAbajo Member

Yes, I mean I made a 301 redirect,, sorry

• It'll bounce back

• Use hitleap to increase SEO by 100 points, and don't forget to use SSL for an extra 10 points.

• linuxthefish said: Use hitleap to increase SEO by 100 points, and don't forget to use SSL for an extra 10 points.

Be careful, he might actually believe you on that first point.

• removing a way of reaching your website will of course drop you a few SEO points. A redirect should work, and anytime you change anything you will get a slight drop. But you should see it bounce back soon after

• fazarfazar Member

domain changes or redirection should takes time to proceeded by searching engines.

• @linuxthefish said:
    Use hitleap to increase SEO by 100 points, and don't forget to use SSL for an extra 10 points.

Zero traffic better than fake traffic

• @linuxthefish said:
    Use hitleap to increase SEO by 100 points,

Why would you intentionally misguide somebody on a public forum? Do you think it makes you look cool?

Thanked by 2emre22 ricardo
  • tommytommy Member

Lowend seo helper

• FalzoFalzo Member

@stallion said:

he probably assumes OP is capable of noticing some sarcasm if it is jumping into his face.

• stallion said: Why would you intentionally misguide somebody on a public forum? Do you think it makes you look cool?

Stop being so boring, most of SEO is just assumptions and rumours anyway.

• A bit like saying baseless things to curry favour in a public forum, then. Cool!

• @linuxthefish said:
    Stop being so boring, most of SEO is just assumptions and rumours anyway.

Vaya con Dios would have been a better answer there xD Let your actions match the avatar man, but yeah, most SEO stuff is really just a guessing game, keywords can work or not, luck of the draw sometimes

• PwnerPwner Member

@stallion said:

LET is not known for being friendly towards SEO topics due to the history of spammers and abusers that tie along with that category.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • squibssquibs Member
    edited March 2016

@Pwner said:
    LET is not known for being friendly towards SEO topics due to the history of spammers and abusers that tie along with that category.

PM me for guaranteed #1 spot on teh gewgel for 100 keywords of your choosing - only $3.50. Free Ebook for first 50 orders - "Licking Restroom Fittings For Fun and Profit".

SEO is easy - just post content that people are compelled to consume and share.

Coming up with the content is the hard part, especially if you're trying to optimise for a boring homogenous business.