Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to host to get best ping
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where to host to get best ping

I want to host for people around Beijing all the way to Shanghai would japan be a better location or hong kong

Comments

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

It depends on which ISP.

If you choose an ISP in Japan that utilises IP transit from NTT only, then you will experience congestion with China Telecom and Unicom at certain times. This may present a problem with you, as the latency is not stable.

You need an ISP with KDDI or IIJ peering.

In regards to Hong Kong, bandwidth is more expensive and it depends on which ISP you are you using. You would want to look at ISPs that peer with PCCW, TeliaSonera HK, CN2 (AS4808) or China Unicom Global HK. These are quite expensive, with ~5Mbps bandwidth.

E.g. Linode in Japan should have acceptable latency to China Mainland.
    E.g. MSFT Azure in HK, JP with direc connectivity to CT/CU.

• So dediserve in hongkong would be good?

zackrashmen said: So dediserve

@dediserve

They do have a looking glass on their site (you can use to check), but from what I heard a while ago, they have a separate service that costs extra for direct China connectivity.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • They said they no longer have it. Does that mean ping will be very high?

Please try http://speedtest.c1.hkg1.dediserve.com/

Use CN CentOs mirrors as an example.

Sorry. I can't comment on that.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Yeah its quite bad. What options do I have to host a low ping VPS for people in china

• you have to look Hostus, I recommend them for their hongkong node. @AlexanderM

Thanked by 1AlexanderM