Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for small-ish VPS for personal use in Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for small-ish VPS for personal use in Europe

daffydaffy Member
edited March 2016 in Requests

Hi, good people of LET.

After browsing this forum for some time, it's time for my first cry for help.
I'm looking for a small VPS for personal use. It's mainly for my own domains, a few websites and my email. I host about 6-7 domains on my current server with around 10 or so mailusers.
I've previously been with Linode (was quite happy there), the god awful WeLoveServers, Hetzner and DigitalOcean. Both Hetzner and DO was performing quite well and the reason I moved away was because I started work for a local ISP and is currently hosting my VPS there. However I am thinking of quitting and don't want my server to be dependent on my previous employer.

Needs:
1 GB of RAM
15-20 GB of storage will do (doesn't have to be SSD)
1 CPU core
Transfer isn't much, maybe 20 GB per month currently
Budget: doesn't have to be ultra cheap. I am not interested in any summerhosts, so I'd rather pay a few bucks more.

I live in Norway, so location needs to be in Europe, with as low ping as possible to Norway.
Yesterday I spun up a droplet on DO since I had some credits there, but the whole IP-range was blacklisted pretty much everywhere, and since I need it for my private mail (no spamming) that wasn't good.

Having read this forum for a while I have noticed which providers based in Europe that are widely recommended, but I'm looking for input still.

I'm also going to get a time4vps.eu storage VPS for backups, since the come highly recommended here.

Edit: Fix formatting of post.

Thanks
-Tore

Comments