Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review : ArubaCloud ( cheap, but password reset in near Impossible )
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review : ArubaCloud ( cheap, but password reset in near Impossible )

MridulMridul Member
edited March 2016 in Reviews

Okey, so i have been using 3 of their VPSs are their performance has been quite ok. I can say I have mixed thoughts, its okey for Testing but Definitely not recommended for production.
I have used DC 5 ( Germany ) and DC 6 ( UK ).

Pros :

• Ultra Cheap , You get 1 GB RAM VPS @ $1 ( almost ) , Thats their best part

• Good Reliability

• Good List of OSs

• Flexibility to choose locations

• Acceptable Support

Cons :

• YOU CANNOT RESET ADMIN ROOT PASSWORD , They do have a procedure but the 3 second window to work with grub seems almost impossible in the sluggish VNC interface they have.
  • Slow Controls

• Support is NOT good for new users , you must have some know how and know what you are doing.

• Most operations take time and control panel sucks

• Payment and Reciepts have issues, My next month bill was paid : NO notification generated.

Comments

• I do agree that the control panel is shit, took me 20 mins to figure out how to get to reinstall OS. Support is fine, I get 1 reply per 24hours period, but that's probably due to timezone difference. Never tried the VNC, heard it's a pain in the ass so I gave up. The server itself is awesome, fast and cheap, overall +1.

• Apart from Control Panel, everything seems good for the price. I'm using DC1 Italy.

You have to switch off the server if you want to reinstall it. After switch off click initialize.

• Have you tried resetting the password ? I mean root ?

• Actually, I like more that you can't reset your password through control panel. In this case, the general admin can't access to your VPS and your VPS still protected even access your control panel has been compromised.

• If you forget the root user pass then better do an reinstall

if not use the buggy VNC to login and then change your pass

• VbroVbro Member

CP is sucks
    They charge VAT from all countries. Is that same for you all ? or just me?

• @Vbro said:
    CP is sucks
    They charge VAT from all countries. Is that same for you all ? or just me?

To remove VAT, place an order and select bank as payment method.

Send them support ticket and ask them to remove it, they will remove it for future orders. You can cancel current order.

Thanked by 1Vbro
  • VbroVbro Member

@TheKiller said:
    Send them support ticket and ask them to remove it, they will remove it for future orders. You can cancel current order.

Thanks for info :)

• you have to stop VPS, Select "initialize" and change password without washing it off. I've done it many times.

• They acctually require postal cancellation as written in their Tos. Anyone has cancelled using email?

Oh and about 3 sec VNC: Do you mean to say grub closes too fast before you can acctually use it? In this case just disable grub autoselect in grub conf :)

• BochiBochi Member

@VPS_Unlimited said:
    They acctually require postal cancellation as written in their Tos. Anyone has cancelled using email?

Was using them for two months and the only thing you had to do to cancel your VPS was destroying it in the panel, so neither a written nor a mailed cancellation was required.
    Or did I get your wrong and you refer to something else?

• Do they have ddos protection on any location ? I asked the support but they didnt answered me about that

• WHTWHT Member

I have canceled because of the panel. It was hard to find my vps. When I found it, i couldent change password. Asked support and after 3 days got an answer that its not easy to change it. Explained how to do it but that was so imposible that I canceled.

• VbroVbro Member
    edited March 2016

@WHT said:
    I have canceled because of the panel. It was hard to find my vps. When I found it, i couldent change password. Asked support and after 3 days got an answer that its not easy to change it. Explained how to do it but that was so imposible that I canceled.

It's not hard as much as you think. All you have to do is select DC you want to have. Then click on Manage and then click on +CLOUD SERVERS under Quick actions

• but they'd advertising in superbike,even doesn't even make a sense

• @Bochi said:
    Or did I get your wrong and you refer to something else?

No no you understood me right :) Now thats cool to hear but having this still written in the ToS..

• VbroVbro Member

Their CP is wired shit. Does anybody know how to find out server bandwidth usage?

• @mridul does the €1 plan support custom ISOs (Windows)?

• MridulMridul Member
    edited March 2016

@hostnoob said:
    mridul does the €1 plan support custom ISOs (Windows)?

Well, It seems yes No. but i never tried.

http://kb.arubacloud.com/en/computing/import-and-export-a-cloud-server/how-to-create-a-cloud-server-with-custom-templates.aspx

EDIT : Its possible only with "Pro" Series not the $1 "Smart" series.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • @Mridul said:

Damn that sucks. a €12/year Windows VPS from a good company in the UK would be awesome :(

• Host noob
    Virtualbox is the solution