Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

rootnerds.com - Never buy!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

rootnerds.com - Never buy!

comebackcomeback Member
edited March 2016 in Reviews

I ordered a VPS on 8 March at 12:33 (GMT + 1)

The system put in my order in fraud.

At 12:37 (GMT + 1), I opened a ticket

At 2:13 p.m. (GMT + 1), the carrier wonder copies of documents.

I understand my problem, just my IP address .

I make a new command to 4:19 p.m., from another location

At 9:26 p.m. (GMT + 1), I receive this message:

Hello,

your last order was set to pending. You are now able to pay the invoice to activate your service.

Sincerely,
Steven Funke
Head of Service Desk

At 11:47 p.m. (GMT + 1), I pay the bill with PayPal.

It's been almost 24 hours, and my VPS is not enabled.

I wrote several messages to the support.

No answer.

Comments

• Wait another day or two, and let us know.

• comeback said: The system put in my order in fraud.

When an order marked as "fraud", there will be manual installation. A manual installation for such a cheap service like rootnerds, could take more than a day. And by bashing them saying publicly to LET "never buy from them" without even have a single experience as their client (with an active service), will not help you! Instead, they will probably avoid to have you as a customer because it seem you will be only a pain in the ass for them...

Thanked by 2ATHK rds100
  • comebackcomeback Member
    edited March 2016

@jvnadr said:
    When an order marked as "fraud", there will be manual installation. A manual installation for such a cheap service like rootnerds, could take more than a day. And by bashing them saying publicly to LET "never buy from them" without even have a single experience as their client (with an active service), will not help you! Instead, they will probably avoid to have you as a customer because it seem you will be only a pain in the ass for them...

They refused to do manually.

I live in Switzerland, but my French is IP, which has blocked the order.

I made a new order from another place, another IP!

And it worked.

Hello,

your last order was set to pending. You are now able to pay the invoice to activate your service.

Sincerely,
    Steven Funke
    Head of Service Desk

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited March 2016

Again: in any serious provider, if an order won't pass tha automated maxmind (or whatever) check, don't expect your order being setup instantly. They will do it manually. And this usually will bring a delay. And you should wait a couple of days before you bash their support with tickets.
    Now, you did the exact opposite a good client would do:

• Maxmind (or whatever anti-fraud system they use) marked you as possible fraud (it does not matter why).
    • You tried to order from a different ip/country.
    • You abused their support system, without even being an active client.
    • And finally, you opened a really bad "review" telling LET members not to buy from them.

There will be not even one provider, not to be veeeery happy to have you as a client! Or not?

• WolfWolf Member

So you basically tricked their fraud detection instead of providing the required / asked documents and sorting your original offer first? Even knowing what the problem was...?

Sounds great. Could someone change the topic title and show him the way out please?

@jarland

Thanked by 2jvnadr ManofServer
  • comebackcomeback Member
    edited March 2016

@Wolf said:

So you basically tricked their fraud detection instead of providing the required / asked documents and sorting your original offer first? Even knowing what the problem was...?

Sounds great. Could someone change the topic title and show him the way out please?

jarland

I sent all the documents:

My passport.

The passport of the administrator.

The documents of the company.

I also gave the register link trade in Geneva (Switzerland), as this is public in Switzerland.

I command servers and VPS for years, I never had any problems.

• ATHKATHK Member

Patience is a virtue..

• @ATHK said:
    Patience is a virtue..

Merci

• nepsneps Member

With all the shady characters slinking around, I doubt a host would be scrambling for your business. You set off fraud alarms and concealed your true IP (for whatever reason, doesn't matter). And now you make this thread. If I were your host I would call this a bullet dodged, cancel your order, and move on.

• ATHKATHK Member

@neps said:
    With all the shady characters slinking around, I doubt a host would be scrambling for your business. You set off fraud alarms and concealed your true IP (for whatever reason, doesn't matter). And now you make this thread. If I were your host I would call this a bullet dodged, cancel your order, and move on.

Hiding your IP but supplying a correct address in a country where IP doesn't belong will cause MaxMind to flag you as "Fraud" a harsh word a lot of people use VPN for various reasons.

• Look from their perspective - you could be a french guy, trying to avoid taxes by pretending he is from Switzerland. This could make them liable for not collecting the proper VAT from you. Of course your order would need to be manually verified.

• I am sad that nobody understood.

I'm not criticizing, rootnerds.com for fraud.

I have provided all the documents they asked for, and even other documents.

I received this message this message March 8 at 9:56 p.m. (GMT + 1):

Hello,

Sincerely,
    Steven Funke
    Head of Service Desk

I paid as they asked.

Today I still do not have my VPS:

I contacted several times the support, I have no answer.

I asked them to give me my VPS, or they repay me.

Do you normal not to have to answer since March 8?

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • nepsneps Member

@comeback said:
    I am sad that nobody understood.

Hmm, you're right, didn't understand the post the first time. In that case it appears OP already had the go signal to pay, meaning manual verification came through. I guess OP is correct here, 48 hours is a long time to wait for provisioning without at least an update, its the middle of the week as well. Hope your host provisions your server soon, maybe they're just a bit slow.

• @neps said:
    Hmm, you're right, didn't understand the post the first time. In that case it appears OP already had the go signal to pay, meaning manual verification came through. I guess OP is correct here, 48 hours is a long time to wait for provisioning without at least an update, its the middle of the week as well. Hope your host provisions your server soon, maybe they're just a bit slow.

They do not remove VAT.

The price is 2.99 €, I ask not to remove VAT

@rds100 said:
    Look from their perspective - you could be a french guy, trying to avoid taxes by pretending he is from Switzerland. This could make them liable for not collecting the proper VAT from you. Of course your order would need to be manually verified.

thank you,

You understood !

This is exactly what you say.

I atendu the odre to pay with paypal.

Since I have no answer

• MadMad Member

@Falzo said:
    RootNerds

Last Active October 2015

I don't know if worths tagging them here :)

• FalzoFalzo Member

@andreamada said:

thanks, seen that too but thought it could do no harm to do so
    (esp. after notification mails have been somewhat fixed by @Ishaq ;-))

• IshaqIshaq Member

I only fixed the problem of emails not arriving to Microsoft/Hotmail/Live addresses. Apart from that emails were being delivered fine.

• I received the VPS.

The VPS seems fast.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2016

Lets just hope you dont need to wait as long when it is not fast and they have an issue, the most likely reason for the delay here is that they (rootnerds which is a brand of ideal hosting) are just well embedded reseller's of ip-projects.de for the most part.

Pinging admin.rootnerds.com [84.201.10.3] with 32 bytes of data

Pinging admin.ip-projects.de [84.201.10.3] with 32 bytes of data:

So you had to go through 2 parties, neither of which are known for response speeds, to communicate then come back to you.

• @Wolf said:

jarland

What the..? Fraud detection systems are super annoying for clients, especially when you're a legit customer. I have that situations at work and sometimes when I am on a mobile connection (which is NATed) and yes, I'd rather place a new order than being treatened as a suspect having to provide a s**tload of documents. What exactly is bad about that?

• did you still dont get your vps setup from their side? > @comeback said:

I received the VPS.

The VPS seems fast.

case can be closed by now. Share your another experience with them in another day... hope it will be more better than now.