Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[WTB] Dedicated box for create single KVM VPS.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[WTB] Dedicated box for create single KVM VPS.

HI,

I need dedicated server for create single KVM VPS. I'm planing to install cPanel on the KVM server & here is the requirement.

CPU : Xeon CPU with 6 to 8 cores.
RAM : min 8 GB ( need to upgrade in future )
HDD : 2 x 500GB ( need to upgrade in future )
IPv4 : /29 will be enough.
Connection : 100Mbps is enough it's goot if I can have 1Gbps connection. ( 5TB )

please don't suggest wholesaleinternet. please give me your offers :)

Thanks !

Comments

• any location that fit for asia countries .... I have no budget ... looking for low cost :)

• If you want to upgrade RAM and disk space later, better look for something "cloud" instead of a dedi.

Replacing RAM and HDDs on the dedi would mean downtime, and in the case of the HDDs - you would also need to reinstall and restore backups if you are to replace both HDDs at the same time.

• FalzoFalzo Member

HaroldM said: need to upgrade in future

this is something which doesn't fit well into your request for a dedicated server. keep in mind that - though it will be technically possible to upgrade such ressources - it will come with downtime, hands-on, and probably high costs.
    at least an inplace harddisk upgrade/replacement on a dedicated is something you definetly want to avoid.

so you either be sure, that you will upgrade in the form of tranfserring your VM to another dedicated later on, or you probably want to look for a bigger upgradable KVM based vps in the first place.

• downtime is no problem ... 2 x 500GB is enough for 2 years :) just need good dedibox ?

• rds100 said: If you want to upgrade RAM and disk space later, better look for something "cloud" instead of a dedi.

can you suggest me a cloud provider ?

• LeapNikhilLeapNikhil Member, Host Rep

Please check cloud KVM VPS plans here :- https://service.leapswitch.com/cart.php?gid=115

Location - India

Just initiate live chat for more details.

• No budget specified ?

• I can do E3-1270 with the requested spec and 1gbps port at $79/mo. Let me know if interested.

• Thanks for the mention @Junkless.

We have a 50% off in the first month offer on our new E3v5 dedicated servers, pricing starts at £37.81/month.

• Qovic_Bharat said: No budget specified ?

can I have something around $25 to $30 ?

https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-xc

I found this one match my budget is it fine for hosting 300 small shared hosting sites ? I mean the CPU ?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Delimiter?

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • @HaroldM said:

I found this one match my budget is it fine for hosting 300 small shared hosting sites ? I mean the CPU ?

No way. That won't hold up, unless they are mostly dormant.

Check delimiter or dacentac.

@mikeyur @dacentac

• Just curious, why would you want to add KVM on top of your bare metal server?

Anyway, if you want to be able to move IP (company) later on easily, I'd recommend you to host and manage your own DNS servers that way you'll be able to move all the sites more easily. (some customers might not use your own dns servers if you intend to provide service to third party)

A middle sized server in a company you trust for long term would be the way to go IMO and then when you need to scale up you can put the database on a second server, and then add a second server and provision new orders on that new one...

• @info_hash said:
    Just curious, why would you want to add KVM on top of your bare metal server?

To bypass $45 dedicated server license. VPS license costs about $14.50

Thanked by 2info_hash raindog308
  • sdglhm said: To bypass $45 dedicated server license. VPS license costs about $14.50

correct! to cut half of the cost of cPanel licence price :P

Thanked by 1info_hash
  • StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

We can do the following in Incero Seattle:
    E3-1270v2
    16GB RAM
    2x500GB HDD
    Unmetered 100Mbit
    /29 IPv4
    $59/m