Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXroute - $25/year 30GB Email Hosting - Unlimited Domains/Email Accounts (Now accepting Bitcoin) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXroute - $25/year 30GB Email Hosting - Unlimited Domains/Email Accounts (Now accepting Bitcoin)

2»

Comments

• jarland said: No worries, outgoing mail is filtered and if someone spams, I get alerts like crazy :)

Thank you will be using for very critical mail whmcs etc!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@aubert said:
    how about making a plan with lower specification?

The problem with really cheap plans is that they increase overhead without justifying the cost increase by their income.

Thanked by 12khosts
  • +1 MXRoute

Thanked by 1jar
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

jarland said: It is not, though I've heard from other clients that a CNAME to the server's hostname at CloudFlare + enabling CloudFlare with SSL can result in completely masking webmail behind your own domain.

Yes. I can confirm that enabling 'FULL' cloudflare SSL and pointing the CNAME to the server's hostname offers a white-labelled experience by hiding the mxroute subdomain.

Thanked by 2jar Ndha

@K4Y5 said:
    Yes. I can confirm that enabling 'FULL' cloudflare SSL and pointing the CNAME to the server's hostname offers a white-labelled experience by hiding the mxroute subdomain.

Excellent. Webmail will never be branded so this works great.

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited March 2016

After doing a lot of research on MXRoute and reading a lot of good reviews, I am happy to say as of this moment I am a fellow MXRoute'ian.

MXroute - Invoice #1774
    Picked up a $15/year 20GB package since it was in stock.
    woop woop.

My Google App's domain was going to expire on March 18 so perfect timing.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Anyone else noticed that the icons in cpanel have gone missing? Is this a bug or something wrong with my PC?

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Anyone else noticed that the icons in cpanel have gone missing? Is this a bug or something wrong with my PC?

Showing up on this end.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • @jarland said:
    Showing up on this end.

Ghost?

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Ghost?

Yeah.

• @jarland said:
    Yeah.

Weird, my desktop isn't showing any icons and just checked with my phone, not working either.

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Weird, my desktop isn't showing any icons and just checked with my phone, not working either.

That's odd. Probably ticket worthy. I'll take a look and see what I can do :)

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • @jarland Are you allowed to post offers without the "provider" tag? :)

Thanked by 1jar

jvnadr said: Are you allowed to post offers without the "provider" tag? :)

Fair point! :P

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • NdhaNdha Member

@jarland said:
    It is not, though I've heard from other clients that a CNAME to the server's hostname at CloudFlare + enabling CloudFlare with SSL can result in completely masking webmail behind your own domain.
    @K4Y5 said:

When i tried this trick, yes cpanel/webmail login page is whitelabel,

but when login on it, all icons/text is scramble/missing like this http://prntscr.com/aes863

is there any thing to setup in CF??

@Ndha said:

Maybe force CloudFlare to clear cache, maybe toy with some of the cache settings. It seems to work great for me. Here's my cache settings page:

http://d.jarland.me/s/PMJUwwlHW2.png

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • NdhaNdha Member
    edited March 2016

Exactly same as mine before, but still error like above :( ..

Curious enough about this lol...
    Had try both only Webmail login and mxroute cpanel login..

Ndha said: Exactly same as mine before

What if you try using the server hostname instead of yours, do you see this issue still? It may be account specific and not related to the cloudflare setup, I'm thinking.

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • NdhaNdha Member

@jarland said:
    What if you try using the server hostname instead of yours, do you see this issue still? It may be account specific and not related to the cloudflare setup, I'm thinking.

Using Ghost everything is fine..so if above trick is true, then it must be CF, right?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

Ndha said: When i tried this trick, yes cpanel/webmail login page is whitelabel,

but when login on it, all icons/text is scramble/missing like this http://prntscr.com/aes863

Have you added the domain and created the sub-domain through cPanel?

@K4Y5 said:
    Have you added the domain and created the sub-domain through cPanel?

Might be on to something there. Maybe "webmail." and the domain has to be the primary domain on the account....maybe?

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

jarland said: Might be on to something there. Maybe "webmail." and the domain has to be the primary domain on the account....maybe?

Yes. The domain needs to be a primary domain on the cpanel account (You can point the primary domain anywhere through cloudflare though).

To be safe, you can go ahead and also create 'webmail' as a subdomain on this primary domain. I tried with and without adding the 'webmail' sub-domain, and it worked fabulously for me both the times.

I'd still recommend adding the subdomain and then using cloudflare page rules to create a permanent redirection to https://webmail.yourprimarydomain.com:port to make it work in all conditions.

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • @K4Y5 Any tips for creating that redirect page rule? The combos I've tried seem to break it.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@mikeyur said:
    K4Y5 Any tips for creating that redirect page rule? The combos I've tried seem to break it.

Are you using cloudflare to manage the domain? If yes, then this is actually pretty straight forward to implement -

• You should have 'full' SSL enabled for the domain on cloudflare.
    • Add your domain as the 'add-on' domain on MXRoute.
    • CNAME record for 'webmail' on cf should point to your MXRoute server hostname.
    • Turn the orange cf toggle 'ON' for this CNAME record.

Visit https://webmail.domain.com and enjoy the white-labeled experience.

This worked without any issues on my latest attempt. I didn't have to create a 'webmail' subdomain on mxroute, or specify a 301 redirect rule.

Let me know if this works out for you.

Thanked by 1Kyn_DH
  • @K4Y5 is this working also with another domain that we put as add on domain?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@Kyn_DH said:
    K4Y5 is this working also with another domain that we put as add on domain?

Yes, absolutely!

• @K4Y5 said:
    Let me know if this works out for you.

I managed to get it working perfectly about 5 mins after I posted the comment.

I found if I visited webmail.mydomain.com:2096 the login page would display fine, but any internal pages would have broken images and whatnot.

If I just visited the straight webmail.mydomain.com I had no issues whatsoever (this was with an add-on domain btw).

So it's all good, working great :)

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited April 2016

Any chance to get the:

2GB Storage

Unlimited Email Accounts

Unlimited Domains

$5/year

• DocRootDocRoot Member
    edited February 2018

Is this offer still available? (The link still appears to work?)