Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HyperFilter / Dedicated Servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HyperFilter / Dedicated Servers

LowEndGuyLowEndGuy Member
edited March 2016 in Providers

I've ordered my dedicated server with them ( http://www.hyperfilter.com ) after I had issues with OVH, too many false positives (many people not being able to reach my website or game server during TCP-Attacks), working great so far, not as cheap as OVH indeed, they are unbeatable when it comes to pricing, but in service quality I am surely noticing quite a difference.

Just wanted to share my two cents here.

I'll let you know more after the first month is past. :)

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member

Cool story.

Now PM me proof of your services with this provider.

Thanked by 3Nooblette sayem314 Nyr
  • BochiBochi Member

Spammers now creating accounts years before they become active? :D

• LowEndGuyLowEndGuy Member
    edited March 2016

@Bochi said:
    Spammers now creating accounts years before they become active? :D

I'm not a spammer. I'm just sharing my thoughts.

• BochiBochi Member

@LowEndGuy said:
    I'm not a spammer. I'm just sharing my thoughts.

Fair enough. But it looks somehow weird to see an account of this age with its first post being this.

• @Bochi said:
    Fair enough. But it looks somehow weird to see an account of this age with its first post being this.

Well, I just feel happy sharing it, but now I'm starting to step back on this. :/ I've sent what Ishaq requested me.

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited March 2016

I can confirm this user is a customer and has a website hosted with the provider being discussed.

Thanked by 3Bochi BeardyUnixGuy Nyr
  • RizRiz Member

@LowEndGuy said:
    Well, I just feel happy sharing it, but now I'm starting to step back on this. :/ I've sent what Ishaq requested me.

For the sake of provinding an accurate review, this shouldn't be discouraging you. With how common fake reviews are these days, this is done to protect the community.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
    edited March 2016

@Riz said:
    For the sake of provinding an accurate review, this shouldn't be discouraging you. With how common fake reviews are these days, this is done to protect the community.

I understand, just that I'm not too used with this, so hence why the feeling, but yes you are right.

• I don't understand why people say OVH quality is bad in comparison to other dedicated servers. I can't speak of their OVH servers, but I have a kimsufi and a soyoustart server. Their network works just fine, probably not as good as those premium ones. It is true their supports are bad, but they have automated system to detect hardware failure, in most cases you don't need their supports, everything just works...

• @stormeye said:
    I don't understand why people say OVH quality is bad in comparison to other dedicated servers. I can't speak of their OVH servers, but I have a kimsufi and a soyoustart server. Their network works just fine, probably not as good as those premium ones. It is true their supports are bad, but they have automated system to detect hardware failure, in most cases you don't need their supports, everything just works...

that's quite true,expecting good support for ultra cheap service is just too much,if they don't like then don't make a deal

edited March 2016

Actually I didn't said OVH is bad in general, but more likely sharing my experience, OVH is a location for people that don't need any sort of support and that does have a bit of patience with SLA, I also had 5 downtimes with them in 2015 (as many people also did), and sometimes I got lag being behind their VAC out of nothing (disabling permanent mitigation fixed the lagging issue at these times, but wasn't good for us as we needed it), so this is only my personal experience. In our case, there was indeed better alternatives, including proper support as well (in things such as tuning up the DDoS protection specifically for our applications).

However, OVH is still no match in terms of pricing and offered hardware specs, and if you can afford a few issues which are quite normal or expected, it won't be any bad, just that I"m too worried for surprises, so decided to give a go somewhere else.

And I still have many friends using OVH just fine, it is all a matter of luck I guess and every case is a different one.

• Hyperfilter is a joke. I asked them why there are takedown-services for hyperfilter for as little as 5$/hour and their answer was to close the live-chat.

edited March 2016

@tr1cky said:
    Hyperfilter is a joke. I asked them why there are takedown-services for hyperfilter for as little as 5$/hour and their answer was to close the live-chat.

It works good for me, and making such a question would be very stupid to start a conversation with any service provider. If you want services, do as me and hire it, instead of going to talk about booters and stressers with them... that's the kind of attitude that only remember of kids from hackforums.net (probably you are an user there).

For instance, one should make abuse complaints of such online communities as all they help to is spread criminal activities everywhere, instead of checking "what they do have there or not".

• What's the point in expensive ddos-protection when a hackforums.net guy has a thread opened for more than 3 months now where he constantly boots hyperfilter servers offline?

I guess in a timespan of 3 months a good company would have found out how to filter such attacks?

You want the internet to be a better place by eliminating all criminals on the internet? Good luck.

edited March 2016

@tr1cky If you like to see criminals doing this kind of stuff, perfect. And for your information, on my specific case, I don't have any issues with the attacks I receive, attacks in fact which caused me a lot of issues in my previous host and now that works stable in the new host. So sure, I respect your opinion, but in my case, in my experience, it doesn't apply. So I'm fine with it.

And for instance, hackforums people can actually put down basically all companies in the market if they want, as I said all them are criminals. I don't sponsor that, neither I am favorable to that, in fact I even submitted abuse reports against that community as well. Again, I was seeking for support, people I can discuss about the issue and exchange ideas, I've found what I wanted, so that is more than enough.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to keep chatting on that, so yes, you have your point and I respect it, good luck.