Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LeaseWeb USA Acquires Ubiquity Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LeaseWeb USA Acquires Ubiquity Hosting

https://www.leaseweb.com/press/releases/leaseweb-usa-acquires-nobis-technology-group

Creates expanded network and adds strategic points of presence in the United States.

LeaseWeb USA Inc., one of the world's largest hosting brands, today announced it has acquired Nobis Technology Group, LLC, including its brand Ubiquity Hosting. Ubiquity Hosting operates seven data centers across the United States and provides dedicated and cloud server solutions to businesses worldwide.

“Ubiquity Hosting is a powerfully complementary addition to the LeaseWeb USA portfolio of customer solutions,” said William Schrader, CEO of LeaseWeb USA. “Now with 10 data centers across the continental United States, we expanded our network of coverage, giving customers even more strategic access to LeaseWeb’s leading portfolio of solutions. The expanded capabilities of LeaseWeb and Ubiquity creates a unique and competitive value proposition for customers looking for the right cloud hosting solutions that save them time, money and stress. Additionally, with Ubiquity’s presence in the multiplayer gaming industry, LeaseWeb is bolstering its offerings to allow game publishers to deliver the best possible experience to their players.”

Current Ubiquity Hosting customers will continue to receive the same services at the same pricing. In the coming months, LeaseWeb will be integrating the two company’s systems so that all customers may order services from all the combined facilities. By year end, LeaseWeb USA plus Nobis Ubiquity will offer enterprise-level equipment, infrastructure redundancy and superior SLAs across all US-based facilities. “We are delighted to welcome the Ubiquity team to LeaseWeb to further strengthen our position in the USA,” Schrader said.

“I am pleased with this opportunity we have of uniting Ubiquity and LeaseWeb because combined, our teams, our products and our infrastructure serve many market segments and complement what we have been striving for since we started in 2006,” said Clint Chapman, CEO and co-founder of Nobis.

Eventually, Nobis customers will move to LeaseWeb’s portal, which offers remote management and gives customers full control no matter where they’re located.

LeaseWeb acquired hosting and cloud customers in the transaction. The terms of the transactions were not disclosed.

DH Capital, LLC, an investment banking firm serving companies in the Internet infrastructure, communications, and SaaS sectors, served as Nobis Technology Group’s exclusive financial advisor in connection with the transaction.

Comments

• Congratulations!

• Amazing: Congratulations

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Clint is a rich man today!

• sinsin Member

Nice!!

• edited March 2016

Neat . Hope the offers come now

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Right after I cancelled my $30/m E3 with dual 256GB SSD, of course lol. Ah, surely LeaseWeb would have tossed that out eventually.

• IshaqIshaq Member

jarland said: Ah, surely LeaseWeb would have tossed that out eventually.

You keep telling yourself that :)

• @jbiloh said:
    Clint is a rich man today!

Whose Clint ?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jarland said:
    Right after I cancelled my $30/m E3 with dual 256GB SSD, of course lol. Ah, surely LeaseWeb would have tossed that out eventually.

Wut, I misses that promo...

• mentioned in the first post

Clint Chapman, CEO and co-founder of Nobis.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • inthecloudblog said: Whose Clint ?

Eastwood of course!

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Eobble said:
    whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

IP's, duh.

Ubiquity has nothing more than spam on their network so I can't see there being much value past the ungodly amount of dirty ranges they have.

Francisco

Thanked by 2doghouch DomainBop
  • @Francisco said:
    Francisco

not as much as cc but still :)

edited March 2016

Francisco said: Ubiquity has nothing more than spam on their network so I can't see there being much value past the ungodly amount of dirty ranges they have.

Yeah I have a theory about that. IP reputation is going to be less and less important to hosts over the next couple of years. As a result, customers will start to feel as though clean IPs are outside of their reach, and people will finally start pressuring mail providers to make exceptions instead of blindly following along with public facing RBLs.

As major mail services continue to put unjustified pressure on infrastructure providers, providers will eventually decide that the cost of dealing with it is too high and they'll start to tell people "Sorry, our services can't email Microsoft, you should use an email provider." Once enough providers jump on that train, the tables will turn on the mail providers, and IP reputation situations will see a dramatic shift.

Just my theory :)

• Maybe mainly for IPs?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Ubiquity certainly doesn't have anything of interest to LeaseWeb other than the IPs.

@jarland said:
    Yeah I have a theory about that. IP reputation is going to be less and less important to hosts over the next couple of years. As a result, customers will start to feel as though clean IPs are outside of their reach, and people will finally start pressuring mail providers to make exceptions instead of blindly following along with public facing RBLs.

@Jarland - most big mailing places have dynamic RBL's so as long as you aren't shitting out Hawaii levels of canned meat at them your IP's will return to a neutral rating quick enough. Spamhaus will clear it out if you're actually making an effort to clean up.

I just see more people having to buy into things like mailchannels/spamxperts/SES to get things delivered properly.

The big issue is that spam just pays really really well. $3.00/m per IP isn't uncommon especially if you're willing to lie to spamhaus or have enough space to rotate around. Enzu was rotating around a /20 for some huge chinese spammer for who knows how long until Spamhaus nailed everything they had.

Of course, the usual "Spamhaus doesn't understand the hosting/VPS market" excuse that we're all too familiar with was used on WHT until they sweet talked spamhaus into a delisting.

Francisco

Francisco said: most big mailing places have dynamic RBL's so as long as you aren't shitting out Hawaii levels of canned meat at them your IP's will return to a neutral rating quick enough

Unfortunately not true with Microsoft, Verizon, and some other residential ISPs. They'll be the ones driving my theory into reality if they keep punishing providers for no reason.

@jarland said:
    Unfortunately not true with Microsoft, Verizon, and some other residential ISPs. They'll be the ones driving my theory into reality if they keep punishing providers for no reason.

Well, you can blame the people that do 'hotmail, verizon, aol, etc' only spamming for that then. Far as I know hotmail/gmail/verizon don't use/report to spamhaus, so it's easy money for those ISP's until they get caught.

Francisco

• smansman Member

Hopefully this improves service. They were a pain to deal with when I used them.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2016

MrGeneral said: Wut, I misses that promo...

El Cheapo missing a promo. That's like Ron Jeremy not finding his dick in the dark. Impossibru.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @UbiquityDustin said:
    https://www.leaseweb.com/press/releases/leaseweb-usa-acquires-nobis-technology-group

Creates expanded network and adds strategic points of presence in the United States.

LeaseWeb USA Inc., one of the world's largest hosting brands, today announced it has acquired Nobis Technology Group, LLC, including its brand Ubiquity Hosting. Ubiquity Hosting operates seven data centers across the United States and provides dedicated and cloud server solutions to businesses worldwide.

“Ubiquity Hosting is a powerfully complementary addition to the LeaseWeb USA portfolio of customer solutions,” said William Schrader, CEO of LeaseWeb USA. “Now with 10 data centers across the continental United States, we expanded our network of coverage, giving customers even more strategic access to LeaseWeb’s leading portfolio of solutions. The expanded capabilities of LeaseWeb and Ubiquity creates a unique and competitive value proposition for customers looking for the right cloud hosting solutions that save them time, money and stress. Additionally, with Ubiquity’s presence in the multiplayer gaming industry, LeaseWeb is bolstering its offerings to allow game publishers to deliver the best possible experience to their players.”

Current Ubiquity Hosting customers will continue to receive the same services at the same pricing. In the coming months, LeaseWeb will be integrating the two company’s systems so that all customers may order services from all the combined facilities. By year end, LeaseWeb USA plus Nobis Ubiquity will offer enterprise-level equipment, infrastructure redundancy and superior SLAs across all US-based facilities. “We are delighted to welcome the Ubiquity team to LeaseWeb to further strengthen our position in the USA,” Schrader said.

“I am pleased with this opportunity we have of uniting Ubiquity and LeaseWeb because combined, our teams, our products and our infrastructure serve many market segments and complement what we have been striving for since we started in 2006,” said Clint Chapman, CEO and co-founder of Nobis.

Eventually, Nobis customers will move to LeaseWeb’s portal, which offers remote management and gives customers full control no matter where they’re located.

LeaseWeb acquired hosting and cloud customers in the transaction. The terms of the transactions were not disclosed.

DH Capital, LLC, an investment banking firm serving companies in the Internet infrastructure, communications, and SaaS sectors, served as Nobis Technology Group’s exclusive financial advisor in connection with the transaction.

Congratulations !
    I wish LeaseWeb has storage VPS package for LET.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Amitz said:

Impossibru!!!