Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with webtropia - proxmox.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help with webtropia - proxmox.

orelorel Member
edited March 2016 in Help

Hey, i buy dedi from webtropia and install proxmox:

Than i have few problem: network, disk.

1.Problem with the network - no "Bridge". so i login with putty and add "Bridge" with "nano /etc/network/interfaces. fixed - done

2. Problem with Disk, i order "2 x 1,000 GB SATA" but on proxmox i have only 900GB (1000GB):

I ask support and they answer:

just format /dev/sdb and then you have two options.

1. create a lvm : if you do so, you have one volume which is displayed in proxmox as one 2TB volume
    2. create a normal partition and mount as second drive. Then you will have 2 "datastores" in proxmox.

I have no knowledge how to do it... someone can teach me?

3. I dont know what is the problem, i created VM (VPS) and try to "start" it but:

Its not first time i using proxmox, i used hatzner and i had no problem with them, really easy to install proxmox...

Comments

• VPS_UnlimitedVPS_Unlimited Member
    edited March 2016

It is because you have used the other 1000gb as raid i think (see above) :)
    You are mirroring your 1000GB with the other 1000GB you have^^

Thanked by 2orel netomx
  • orelorel Member

@VPS_Unlimited said:
    It is because you have used the other 1000gb as raid i think (see above) :)
    You are mirroring your 1000GB with the other 1000GB you have^^

Same answer i got from support at start but then i install without Raid - Same results...:

Thanks anyway!

• Better buy a pre-installed Proxmox from Online or OVH. Otherwise you'll be in a world of pain for months...

Thanked by 1orel
  • Your other disk is available then, you need to format it and add it in Proxmox to make it usable.

Thanked by 2netomx orel
  • orelorel Member
    edited March 2016

@ManofServer said:
    Better buy a pre-installed Proxmox from Online or OVH. Otherwise you'll be in a world of pain for months...

You have email of "Online"? i want to contact them (i want to know the price of subnet /26-/25)

• They have USA IP?
      OVH not good for me cause they have only CA/ FR IP...

@mikeyur said:
    Your other disk is available then, you need to format it and add it in Proxmox to make it usable.

Can you help me with that? how can i do it? maybe some video on youtube that can help me?

Someone can help with problem #3?

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • orel said: Can you help me with that? how can i do it?

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Extending_Local_Container_Storage

Thanked by 1orel
  • orelorel Member

Thanks i will try,

Someone can help me with problem #3? Thanks.

• Proxmox, does not know how to do software raid, so you should be able to use your sdb because on webtropia, the sdb should be free to use with fdisk, try not to make a lvm, try make a normal partition and mount it and then re-use it on proxmox.

Thanked by 1orel
  • mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited March 2016

racksx said: Proxmox, does not know how to do software raid

That's why you do it in Debian, then just install Proxmox on top. I have Proxmox with SW RAID running fine on 4 servers at the moment.

OP wants to create 1 big 2TB disk out of 2x1TB, so the options are: format the other disk and spin VMs up on it. Or extend the LVM data partition. My pick would be: format the other disk, and mount it separately. That way you can snapshot VMs on Disk 1 to Disk 2.

Thanked by 1orel
  • racksxracksx Member
    edited March 2016

@mikeyur said:
    OP wants to create 1 big 2TB disk out of 2x1TB, so the options are: format the other disk and spin VMs up on it. Or extend the LVM data partition. My pick would be: format the other disk, and mount it separately. That way you can snapshot VMs on Disk 1 to Disk 2.

Now the questions is, what is the point in a raid0 software?, when it crash "adios data"
    , yes that will be a good option to use the data from disk1 and disk2, instead of raid0.

Thanked by 1orel
  • orelorel Member

Ok thanks all, my biggest problem is problem #3:

3. I dont know what is the problem, i created VM (VPS) and try to "start" it but:

Someone?

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Run
    modprobe kvm-intel

then try

• also make sure VT is enabled in BIOS

• ManofServerManofServer Member
    edited March 2016

@orel said:
    You have email of "Online"? i want to contact them (i want to know the price of subnet
    /26-/25) + They have USA IP? OVH not good for me cause they have only CA/ FR IP...

You can find them at online.net, sadly they don't have a US location, only FR and are quite expensive for IPv4 blocks.

Try the advice @hawc and Tar send you, that's what all the other suggestions on Google say as well. If that doesn't work, it means your CPU doesn't support virtualization.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited March 2016

@ManofServer said:
    If that doesn't work, it means your CPU doesn't support virtualization.

+1 for this.

OP please mention the name of your upcoming summ.. business so everybody is aware if ;-)

• chrisfechrisfe Member
    edited March 2016

Did anyone here use Webtropia VPS ? Are they good ?