Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

failover/ backup server [KS1 and Kidechere]?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

failover/ backup server [KS1 and Kidechere]?

plumbergplumberg Veteran

I have one KS-1 server from Kimsufi and a Kidechere from Online.net

I plan to host my personal website. How can do a setup where:
a. I update website/ DB in one server and the changes apply to the second server
b. Use one server as a failover/ backup server?

Is this possible? Any recommendations/ tutorials on how I can accompolish the same?

Comments

• ehabehab Member
    edited March 2016

start learning rsync NOW. for db check the duplication feature if it has, if not then start learning how to backup the db in use.

• @ehab said:
    start learning rsync NOW. for db check the duplication feature if it has, if not then start learning how to backup the db in use.

Thanks. How about failover?

• camargcamarg Member
    edited March 2016

From my experience both KS-1 and Kidechere aren't suitable for hosting sites, unless it is a low traffic site. Also the cost for the servers is too high compared to a good vps.

• tehdantehdan Member
    edited March 2016

What are you wanting to run? For a static html site you can just rsync. If there's a database involved you'll need to look at synchronisation - perhaps real time, perhaps via regular exports/imports...

@camarg - those are some bad experiences you've had there, I'm sorry.