Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's going on with budgetvds.com?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's going on with budgetvds.com?

jsfoxjsfox Member
edited February 2013 in General

Just received an email today...

BudgetVDS - Closing Due To Personal Issues / Death Threats

Dear xxx,

I'm requesting all users to being making a backup of there site, I've decided to close out BudgetVDS due to personal issue / Receiving Death Threats from an EX Members of BudgetVDS they know whom they're I've decided to take this necessary action has my life is more important then working on servers at this moment I'm an fear of my life those whom paid yearly/monthly will received a refund around Feb 27th, 2013.

Comments

• death just bec. of vps?

• cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
    edited February 2013

lol what? I'd fight that guy in an insect match

• I've seen worse.

• Yikes, that's fun.

What are the kids organizing on-location DDoS attacks with fists and bats now?

Add them to the deathlist.

• Haven't seen a deadpool round up in a while.

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

@concerto49 said: Haven't seen a deadpool round up in a while.

The last I saw is NovaVZ

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited February 2013

"death just bec. of vps?"

The death threats were probably retaliation for reporting someone to the police.

BudgetVDS's owner used to have a hosting company called ResoldVPS that allowed warez linking and nulled scripts
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=7963314&postcount=21

BudgetVDS also reported a competitor's site (ryan1918.com/nexthost.org) that allowed warez and botnets to the FBI
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1127166

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited February 2013

To be honest it sounds like an excuse as even if you was getting death threats it Isnt a reason to close a company + the fact is 99.9% of people hide behind emails etc, so report it and block and also seen he has reported other hosts etc witch is a sad way to beat your competors witch shows the owner isn't worthy to run a host.

• What a bunch of dumb douchenozzles bickering over WAREZ.

Sounds like BudgetVDS (what does that stand for anyways? Budget Venereal Disease?) was overdue for termination.

Sorry folks who bought from this moron. He's another braggart with all sorts of claiming of facility stuff that he probably just rents a server at. Typical lowend fly by night sham company. Otherwise, he'd sell the business instead.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited February 2013

@pubcrawler said: What are the kids organizing on-location DDoS attacks with fists and bats now?

Add them to the deathlist.

they come and pull your cords? lol

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited February 2013

why not sell the company to other host. FTN, CVPS could be buying. And also the other guy looking to buy hosts for $5k

• @pubcrawler said: what does that stand for anyways?

I'm guessing Virtual Dedicated Server

• yeah he is selling vps server

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited February 2013

He is requesting all users to being making a backup.. please do as he says.

• I've heard a lot of deadpool excuses, but this is a new one.

• If the reasoning is genuine, it's pretty serious and I'd probably do the same.

• @DeanClinton said: If the reasoning is genuine, it's pretty serious and I'd probably do the same.

No. The internet is full of death threats and kids. You don't just bow down to them and close a company because of that.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

When I was hosting a locally brewed version of a php game (in 1999 iirc), cheaters really came at my door with some pipes and I had to call the police.
    Since then I make sure my contact address is hard to find.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2013

@Ishaq said: You don't just bow down to them and close a company because of that.

I always give them my address. They better bring an army. It's all fun and games until you cross my doorstep, where I fully exercise my legal rights. These things should never be that personal, but some people can't control their anger.

Side note: Police always have first dibs. I'm not an animal ;)

• But question of the day,
    What makes him sure that the person who is threatening won't kill him even after he shuts his servers down? This is lame. Just lame.

• I want my refund! why do we need to wait till the 27th? it shouldn't take more than a week to refund everyone