Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Budget Servers In Australia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Budget Servers In Australia

I am looking for budget dedicated servers or vps's in AUS/NZ. It would have to allow high cpu usage (gameservers).

Comments

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

Budget server? It really doesn't exist in AU.

Serversaustralia

DedicatedGaming

Crucial

OmniConnect

ISPs that use TPG, NTT AU or VOCUS could probably get your more affordable bandwidth prices.

Telstra and Optus are quite expensive.

• dccdcc Member, Host Rep

Check out Exigent. We had quite meh experience with them in the past, but it was over 5 years ago. Their pricing is very good for AU.

• RansomIT

• Thanked by 1dediserve
  • josephbjosephb Member
    edited March 2016

For VPS resources in AU try dediserve ransomit hostus hosthatch vultr

Thanked by 2dediserve AlexanderM
  • OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@zackrashmen what kind of specification are you looking at? Feel free to get in touch; I have some spare capacity and can offer some really nice dedicated offers in Sydney now if the hardware meets your requirement.

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

If you are interested in NZ (Auckland) we are able to provide a custom spec'd dedicated resourced KVM machine to fit your needs, if this is something that would interest you.

• Try https://networkpresence.com.au/ heaps of traffic, pretty good resources

• yashmaudhooyashmaudhoo Member
    edited March 2016

@josephb said:
    For VPS resources in AU try dediserve ransomit hostus hosthatch vultr

HostUS does not allow game servers.

• zackrashmenzackrashmen Member
    edited March 2016

I've tried network presence before they are quite oversold> @teamacc said:

Try https://networkpresence.com.au/ heaps of traffic, pretty good resources

I've tried network presence before they are quite oversold

• Go for a dedicated server , or a Semi Dedicated server , or try Abusive Cores

• KrisKris Member

Hint : Vibe Communications and Colo with them.

They're brilliant, great BGP communities, do their own backhaul, and I turned @Oliver on to them (he didn't know they existed before I mentioned them, now he's expanded from SY3 -> NZ)

Great provider.

@Kris Not sure where you got the idea that you "turned me on to them" but my arrangement with Vibe started after their staff reached out to me years ago and not due to any connection on this forum.

• KrisKris Member
    edited March 2016

@Oliver said:
    Kris Not sure where you got the idea that you "turned me on to them" but my arrangement with Vibe started after their staff reached out to me years ago and not due to any connection on this forum.

Check your email from 6/30/14, I'll only quote this line for you, when I mentioned Vibe and their brilliant peering while discussing AU colo:

Not familiar with Vibe at all (in fact I haven't even heard of them
    before).

Cheers,
    Oliver

I recommended them to you while researching them at Host Virtual. Months later you moved into SY3, then expanded. But to each their own :)

• KrisKris Member
    edited March 2016

This is what I replied with:

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014:
    >

Found Vibe from one of their posts, as being in SY3, and having some
    good looking community support for Anycast, also they do their own
    back-haul:

>

>

Weird how you rekindled that multiple year old relationship months after I told you about them. Why you deny such, no clue

edited March 2016

@Kris Wow, well I don't think it's good form to quote personal email correspondence here but that is an interesting reminder.

I honestly didn't choose them based on that though; when I was looking for a Sydney POP I asked on a local NOG list and their sales people reached out to me. I chose them based on that lead and not from the correspondence with you (which I'd totally forgotten at that point up until your reminder tonight as I was looking to move from my old Sydney provider in a rush).

So of course I am not denying that you mentioned them to be prior but that played no role in my decision to utilise their services later. Actually I just found that email and you'll see that I mentioned this NOG connection as well after that email. ;-)

• KrisKris Member
    edited March 2016

June 30, 2014 :

Not familiar with Vibe at all (in fact I haven't even heard of them
    before).

Cheers,
    Oliver

I tell him amazing peering & network, etc:

Found Vibe from one of their posts, as being in SY3, and having some good looking community support for Anycast, also they do their own back-haul:

http://www.vibecommunications.co.nz/upgrade-of-core-network-completed/

http://www.vibecommunications.co.nz/vibe-allows-for-bgp-communities-for-te/

Their ASN looks pretty nice for local use, I might re-contact VOCUS, but

doubt they'll drop to a 10Mbps commit @ Eqx SY3

October 15, 2015 : Oliver moves cages in the same datacenter (SY3) to Vibe, less than 6 months later to fix his congestion and DDoS issues: https://www.ransomit.com.au/15th_oct_2014_server_migration

I do see the NOG mention, but the fact you call me out & say I told you so such thing... Expect to be quoted as never hearing of them, when you moved your equipment 4 months later to them. Maybe it was a total coincidence you forgot the name of the company you knew for years and then moved to them roughly 4 months after I mentioned them

• KrisKris Member

Oliver said: @Kris Wow, well I don't think it's good form to quote personal email correspondence here but that is an interesting reminder.

I quoted a sentence or two, and it directly pertains to something you said never happened.

I'm glad you fixed your congestion issues though.

edited March 2016

@Kris I think you are misinterpreting things. I didn't say you did or didn't tell me anything I just said you didn't 'turn me to them' meaning our communication didn't lead me to make the decision to move to their network (I'd been in SY3 for awhile just needed a new upstream). I just felt I needed to responded to it because it seems like you are trying to take credit for my decisions to establish things in certain ways which would be incorrect. :-)

Perhaps I first heard of them from you but by the time I was looking for a new POP again later and their sales staff reached out to me I had honestly forgotten our emails.

I found the old email thread as well and I think if you read through it again you'll see where I am coming from. I am not trying to argue here or deny the communication we had of course; just saying that my decision to move to Vibe for transit in Sydney was based on a lot of factors and at the time the correspondence we had a few months before was not related to it (I talked to tons of providers in a short period because I was investigating a lot of options, that's partly why I forgot about our emails).

• KrisKris Member

Oliver said: I found the old email thread as well and I think if you read through it again you'll see where I am coming from. I am not trying to argue here or deny the communication we had of course; just saying that my decision to move to Vibe for transit in Sydney was based on a lot of factors and at the time the correspondence we had a few months before was not related to it (I talked to tons of providers in a short period because I was investigating a lot of options, that's partly why I forgot about our emails).

Sorry, I must have mis-interpreted. I was quite happy to introduce you to what I thought was a gem in the rough of SY3. I saw you moved a few months later from your last SY3 provider and happily mentioned it to Barry that I introduced you. He said you never heard of me.

I guess I meant 'turn you on to them' as in give you their name and mention the peering & network footprint, which was great. Also, they do their filtering within the US before it gets to AU, as I mentioned within the emails.

The fact you called me out again wondering why I keep saying I mentioned Vibe to you well... put me off. Back to DIY. It's sunday. I should be off the computer.

I didn't think quoting 1-2 sentences was a big deal, I will remove if you like.

Honestly I would believe it if I had said that I hadn't heard of you despite having emailed back and forth some months before. Not sure how much you were following my business but at that stage I had major issues in Sydney and was speaking to lots of people from lots of different providers so it is likely some names slipped my mind. It's nothing personal of course just hard to keep track of everyone you speak to sometimes especially when trying to organise a migration to escape from a problematic provider.

Definitely was a good decision and now that I re-read the emails we had it is clear you basically pointed out all the positives then that they offered which I rediscovered later as well, so if I had taken your advice purely at that time it would have been good. So thanks for that.

No need to remove the quotes. No big deal. :-)

Thanked by 1Kris
  • IshaqIshaq Member

Really?

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • KrisKris Member

Oliver said: Definitely was a good decision and now that I re-read the emails we had it is clear you basically pointed out all the positives then that they offered which I rediscovered later as well, so if I had taken your advice purely at that time it would have been good. So thanks for that.

I was following, you were having major shite with your old provider within SY3. While scoping out a place for Anycast, you had mentioned some places. I basically found a provider which had all of the advantages that your current (then) provider lacked, so I mentioned them in our discussion. We moved in, months later you did.

Sorry to be on the defense, I just feel like I was called out, after looking like an idiot to Barry mentioning I reco'd you.

Felt in the Twilight Zone as I actually had to look back at my emails to make sure I did remember things correctly. T'was some feeble attempt to prove I saw the gremlin on the wing of the plane. They're streets ahead really anyone else in the entire region with things such as their own backhaul to US & DDoS protection on the US side. Also, dem communities.

Anyway, back to DIY, apparently hardwood floors don't come with the floors treated, polished, or generally not looking shitty anymore.

Didn't mean to go into full LET mode, more a "oh crap, not again" - I swear I did.