Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows VPS NY / TX needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows VPS NY / TX needed

Good day.

Looking for cheapest Windows VPS with following minimum specs:

• CPU: 1 [shared] core
  • RAM: 256Mb
  • HDD: 5Gb
  • IP: 1 (NATed would be OK)
  • Port speed: 10Mbit/s
  • Bandwidth: 30Gb

As you can understand the primary objective is lowest price. Annually payment is OK. Preferred payment method is credit card.

It would be great if the hoster has other US-locations too.

I'm open to your suggestions and advice.

Thank you.

Comments

• dailydaily Member
    edited March 2016

I'm an idiot.

• Too little ram for windows.

Thanked by 1daily
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

masterqqq said: Too little ram for windows.

Agreed. You need at least 1 GB, and preferably 2 GB.

• The HDD is way to small too, you need at least 25GB.

• Windows with 256 MB RAM ? Windows 95/98 or something ?

• I'm sorry about 5Gb HDD. Of course i need 5Gb and more free space after installation. Windows XP runs good with 256Mb RAM by the way. And these are the minimum specs. If somebody can provide VPS with 1Gb RAM and 50Gb HDD for the 256Mb cost i'll be very lucky:)

Same time i understand that VPS-provider knows much more me about visualization and so on and if you tell that my request is not clever and elaborated let it be so and please advice me optimum configuration. VPSes are needed for the SMM so i need RDP and opportunity to work in browser and that's all.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2016

If you want 5GB in addition to Windows, you'll need around 15-20GB total disk space. I definitely wouldn't recommend 256MB RAM unless you're going with an old version of Windows. We offer Windows 2012 R2, so you'd need at least approximately 512MB RAM to run it without issues. With all that said, if your goal is to save money, reducing port speed, bandwidth, and RAM by that much will not give you that much extra savings - at least with us.

Right now we have the following offer in Seattle. I may be able to do it in Texas / New York if we check our stock there. What price range were you looking for?

★ 1GB RAM ★

1 vCore @ 2GHz
    15GB Disk - SSD RAID 10
    1TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    1 IPv4 - Additional Available
    SolusVM/KVM - Linux/Windows
    $7.00 Quarterly | $13.00 Semi-Annually | $22.50 Annually

You might need a few GB more disk space - I can throw that in for you if you message me after your purchase.

Thanked by 1MarshalChe
  • MarshalCheMarshalChe Member
    edited March 2016

@VirMach thank you, the offer is very well. But can be this price be reached through you site because i need to show it to the end customer (and the place where it would be seen must be any site, not a LET unfortunately) ? And can we check stock onsite? Thank you!

PS Can you please also provide the test IP? Thank you!

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2016

MarshalChe said: @VirMach thank you, the offer is very well. But can be this price be reached through you site because i need to show it to the end customer (and the place where it would be seen must be any site, not a LET unfortunately) ? And can we check stock onsite? Thank you!

PS Can you please also provide the test IP? Thank you!

https://virmach.com/special-offers -
    It's listed under KVM offers but it will expire soon. We don't have any ETA on when it will expire - it will be when we post our next offer, most likely after the weekend.

https://virmach.com/manage/cart.php?gid=22 -
    Stock level can be checked here.

https://lg.virmach.com -
    Test IP can be found here.

Thanked by 1MarshalChe