Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to configure domain name for NAT VPS???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to configure domain name for NAT VPS???

1st time own NAT VPS.
Manage to setup till such that
mydomain.com:12345 (will load my nginx nicely)

how do configure such that mydomain.com will load my nginx?? without the port behind

my reverse proxy i set nat ip 192.168.X.X and svr1.mydomain.com
nameserver side i set public IP to mydomain.com
= add CNAME svr1

Comments

• MuZoMuZo Member

mydomain.com just implies port 80 in your browser. Either ask the provider if they offer a reverse proxy service for websites or use cloudflare 6-to-4.

Thanked by 1farsighter
  • Which provider did you go with and also did you read the email?

• i83i83 Member

Use Cloudflare as a v4>v6 proxy.

Add the domain and only add your IPv6 addresses and then enable CF, Cloudflare then proxies the IPv4 connections from the public to your IPv6 address.

Thanked by 3ATHK GCat kkrajk
  • @i83 do you provide proxy on your servers like LowEndSpirit? Or is there any other way if I do not want to use Cloudflare?

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • @i83 BTW the latency for Pune India is good. I have got one server with annual plan. With Cloudflare it works great and the redirect option http => https available in cloudflare is also good. But I was not able to work with IPv6 DNS settings in the Bigrock panel. If a reverse proxy is provided by quadhost then we can use the IPv4 on Bigrock DNS settings, it becomes more simpler.

• @rahoolm said:
    @i83 BTW the latency for Pune India is good. I have got one server with annual plan. With Cloudflare it works great and the redirect option http => https available in cloudflare is also good. But I was not able to work with IPv6 DNS settings in the Bigrock panel. If a reverse proxy is provided by quadhost then we can use the IPv4 on Bigrock DNS settings, it becomes more simpler.

You should just point your nameservers to cloudflare, then manage your DNS within cloudflare. From there you can add A records (ipv4) or AAAA records (ipv6).

• i83i83 Member
    edited July 2016

@rahoolm said:
    @i83 do you provide proxy on your servers like LowEndSpirit?

Not at this time.

@i83 BTW the latency for Pune India is good.

Thanks for the feedback!

@TheOnlyDK said:
    You should just point your nameservers to cloudflare, then manage your DNS within cloudflare. From there you can add A records (ipv4) or AAAA records (ipv6).

+1, However as we have port 80 in use for our shared IP's only add a AAAA record for the exact domain that you wish for them to proxy else you'll hit our redirect.

As above...

i83 said: Add the domain and only add your IPv6 addresses and then enable CF, Cloudflare then proxies the IPv4 connections from the public to your IPv6 address.

Thanked by 1rahoolm
  • i83 said: Not at this time.

Thanks for reply, but please make ASAP and available from your control panel and keep me informed. It is indeed a good feature.

• rahoolmrahoolm Member
    edited July 2016

TheOnlyDK said: You should just point your nameservers to cloudflare, then manage your DNS within cloudflare. From there you can add A records (ipv4) or AAAA records (ipv6).

Thanks, I know that option. I was trying to use the DNS manager from Bigrock.in directly without cloudflare. It has entry for AAAA records.

• @rahoolm said:

TheOnlyDK said: You should just point your nameservers to cloudflare, then manage your DNS within cloudflare. From there you can add A records (ipv4) or AAAA records (ipv6).

Thanks, I know that option. I was trying to use the DNS manager from Bigrock.in directly without cloudflare. It has entry for AAAA records.

If you want to use cloudflare to do 4 to 6 proxy, then you need to use their dns.

• @i83 Do you offer resource bundle for India location also?

• i83i83 Member
    edited July 2016

@TheOnlyDK said:

If you want to use cloudflare to do 4 to 6 proxy, then you need to use their dns.

Correct.

@rahoolm said:
    @i83 Do you offer resource bundle for India location also?

Yes, resource bundle users have access to every location.