Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colo for My Raspberry Pi - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colo for My Raspberry Pi

2»

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

110-240 v is rated so no issue there. You will need to supply IEC cable (the standard cable for computers)

Cost is being worked out currently, definatly under 200usd - much less if I can get a bunch of orders.

• I'd imagine Shipping is going to be a big part of any cost.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2016

@lewekleonek said:
    They're doing it in Canada, near Toronto: http://www.haltondatacenter.com/
    $9.95 a month... so after US/CAN exchange it's about USD$7.2

Please don't talk about exchange, especially from CAD. It hurts ($7 USD/year VPSes are actually $9-10 CAD/year ) :(

• @doghouch said:
    Please don't talk about exchange, especially from CAD. It hurts ($7 USD/year VPSes are actually $9-10 CAD/year ) :(

Painful, isn't it? I'm in the same boat though (north of the boarder here).

• i'm curious as to what the use of having a coloed raspberri pi would be used for. Seems interesting really, hope you find what you're looking for

• @ceibaNet said:
    i'm curious as to what the use of having a coloed raspberri pi would be used for. Seems interesting really, hope you find what you're looking for

Small website, network monitoring system, remote desktop, jump box, Remote console server. Those are just some of the things I could think of.

• lewekleoneklewekleonek Member
    edited March 2016

I'd say forget about Raspberry, unless you already spent your money on it. Take a look at ODROID-C2 for ~$20 more than Pi 3, few highlights:

• 2GHz quad core A53(ARMv8) (64-bit)

• 2GByte DDR3 RAM

• plus many more

Also, when you run this baby out of MicroSD (a good one) you get 36.7 MB/s Read, 15.5 MB/s write, but if you use more expensive media called eMMC (that plugs directly into the board) you get 125 MB/s Read, 124 MB/s Write.

Oh, the link before I forget it: http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G145457216438

• @ceibaNet said:
    i'm curious as to what the use of having a coloed raspberri pi would be used for. Seems interesting really, hope you find what you're looking for

Check here - Raspberry 2 wordpress server

• @lewekleonek said:
    I'd say forget about Raspberry, unless you already spent your money on it. Take a look at ODROID-C2 for ~$20 more than Pi 3…

Seems it's not ready for use with linux yet:

• ARM 64bit is a very new platform and some system specific Linux softwares are not working stably at this moment.
      So there might be the compatibility issues frequently and we may need longer time to fix the issues.

• Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is also on the alpha stage and it causes the instability and incompatibility problems.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2016

@strikingwebsolutions said:
    located in the USA on the east coast - minutes from NYC!

I wouldn't trust shipping any hardware to spammers regardless how cheap the hardware is.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@KuJoe said:

@strikingwebsolutions said:
    located in the USA on the east coast - minutes from NYC!

I wouldn't trust shipping any hardware to spammers regardless how cheap the hardware is.

This thread was three months old.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@pbgben said: This thread was three months old.

The comment was removed that's why.

Thanked by 1KuJoe