Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated server

2»

Comments

• mikho said: He already said he would look into it.

Push him a little harder.......

• @mikho said:
    He already said he would look into it.

Was waiting on someone in ATL to confirm stock, Mark just got me that answer. Got a couple L5520s left, PM me and I'll put together a nice monthly for you :)

• I'd probably just grab something from time4vps and throw everything there.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@msg7086 said:
    I'd probably just grab something from time4vps and throw everything there.

Yeah!
    If I don't have the time to learn Proxmox I am sure it would be easier to learn how to get Esxi running on Openvz.

• @mikho said:

Not quite familiar with ESXi, but no way to just replicate disk images outside of ESXi? Just a guess though. Shoot me if I'm wrong.

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited March 2016

@msg7086 said:
    Shoot me if I'm wrong.

Bang

I think mikho's looking for a backup system, warm spare. Ready to spin up and take over if box 1 goes down.

• @mikeyur said:

_(:з」∠)_

Yea went back to read the replies and I understood. But I'd guess that mounting a remote storage in ESXi to replicate may still be possible? (Apart from the spin up and take over stuff)

@msg7086 said:
    Not quite familiar with ESXi, but no way to just replicate disk images outside of ESXi? Just a guess though. Shoot me if I'm wrong.

Let me explain how things are setup:
    I have all my stuff behind a software firewall using NAT and only redirect ports from the outside (internet) to the inside (lan).
    Just like most company and home setups are done.

My thought was to have the exact same setup replicated to another locstion
    If someone goes "Server Axis" on me, all I need to do is to update DNS to the new IP and press play on the VIrtual Machine.

And to mention. I do run Windows also.

@msg7086 said:
    Yea went back to read the replies and I understood. But I'd guess that mounting a remote storage in ESXi to replicate may still be possible? (Apart from the spin up and take over stuff)

There are different ways to reach the goal. Basicly what I'm looking at is a disaster recovery. Mostly automated.