Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some insane (OVH/DDoS protected/RAID10) $7 7GB/mo, $15 yearly unlimited bandwidth or 3GB RAM offers! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Some insane (OVH/DDoS protected/RAID10) $7 7GB/mo, $15 yearly unlimited bandwidth or 3GB RAM offers!

2»

Comments

• I totally understand overselling bandwitch, cpu or disk space, but I can not imagine overselling RAM. What VPSes will do when you run out of RAM? They will use hard drives? Come on.

@linuxthefish you impressed me with your refaund offer. Soon I will send you a ticket via your billing system with some questions. Maybe you can tempt me.

• @linuxthefish said:
    If it's idle and you don't need it I can refund it if you want?

wow, u just draw my intention.. as this is such a good touch of your services.

• If its overselling ram its a nono for me

• renewal at the same price? The node is supposed to be online for a while?

• masterqqq said: If its overselling ram its a nono for me

What a shame you can't use the majority of hosts on LET!

info_hash said: renewal at the same price? The node is supposed to be online for a while?

Yes and yes, this is a limited offer but the renewal price will always stay the same.

• I don't want to get myself beaten here, but the environments that I work with have deployed about 1.5x the physical memory. Even with that I still show lots of unutilized memory. Most of our client oversize their requirements. It would be great to provide 1 to 1 resources, but at least in the environments I run, it would be very inefficient. I am not implying that clients are being short changed. If a client is making use of most of their memory most of the time I would move them to another host.

My experience may apples and oranges here, I work with VMware, but I don't think its unreasonable to make efficient use of the hardware.

• @linuxthefish paid invoice no. #1424 waiting activation.. hope with the date i've paid, not the date i was invoiced.

• @Catalin said:
    linuxthefish paid invoice no. #1424 waiting activation.. hope with the date i've paid, not the date i was invoiced.

Yep I'm replying to your ticket now, don't worry! :p

• XyyXyy Member

So far so good. Fast ticket response too.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish