Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pushing large repositories into Gerrit Code Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pushing large repositories into Gerrit Code Review

edited March 2016 in Help

Hai, so I have tried pushing a 1.8GB repository to Gerrit Code Review a few times to my (already overloaded) DigitalOcean $5/mth node when I had it, but it has failed (Gerrit crashed) multiple times.

Does anyone have experience with pushing such large repositories into Gerrit, and doesn't mind sharing the specs of the server used?

Repository sizes range from 2MB small all the way to ~1.8GB large.

The team of devs I collaborate with are willing to pay $20/mth at most for an unmanaged server.

Thanks!

//ed

Comments

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

dig your logs and find the error message.. I've been running Gerrit at my workplace for half a year already with almost no issues ;)

• @exception0x876 said:
    dig your logs and find the error message.. I've been running Gerrit at my workplace for half a year already with almost no issues ;)

Ah, it's a node I destroyed already. Any idea on its memory footprint and/or, the server specs?

I will probably get a new node to test this out later, heh :)

well it is a VPS with 4 vCPU and 4GB RAM.. more than enough for me

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • @exception0x876 said:
    well it is a VPS with 4 vCPU and 4GB RAM.. more than enough for me

Thanks! Will get a server with such specs, then. ^.^

also take a look at gerrithub.io