Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of VPS would you expect for £1 per month?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hi everyone

May I ask your opinions on what kind of spec on a VPS would you expect for £1 per month

Thanks
John

Comments

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited March 2016

No, just no. We don't need another summer host.

• @zafouhar said:
    @zafouhar said:

Hey I'm only asking what people would expect for that price and summer host hahahaha don't make me laugh :)

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited March 2016

LET will have expectation that will make you seriously think about your question

But from my side

can you match @arubacloud

• PremiumNPremiumN Member
    edited March 2016

@zafouhar said:

But....what would LET be without them?

Thanked by 2zafouhar elgs
  • An absolutely terrible VPS.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • @simonindia said:
    can you match arubacloud

How about let's match GVH.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    How about let's match GVH.

:(

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

I would expect an offline one :D
    I would probably never sign up for something so cheap as it would seem too low quality.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • edited March 2016

1G RAM

20GB SSD Storage

2TB transfer

Jokes aside, Aruba Cloud is doing that right now for 1 eur

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Now that seems pretty fair
    ****> @ALinuxNinja said:

1G RAM

20GB SSD Storage

2TB transfer

• @vpsflex said:
    Hey I'm only asking what people would expect for that price and summer host hahahaha don't make me laugh :)

Honestly people will expect the world for a pound.

• TheOnlyDK said: How about let's match GVH.

Or @IgniteServers ;)

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Make it half, 0.5G RAM, 10GB SSD, 1TB transfer, billed quarterly, and I'll be happy.

Lasts for at least 2 years, will be better.

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

@vpsflex location?? I would expect something like time4vps!

• HI Everyone

I have decided to offer 1GB Ram and 30GB HDD and 1ip based in france.

they will be ready soon

• @vpsflex $1, £1 or 1 eur?

• @simonindia said:

LET will have expectation that will make you seriously think about your question

But from my side

can you match arubacloud

Does aruba acctually work? Never dared to try them as their support is never online and in their ToS they ask you to cancel your services via post to their italian adress..

• @tenpera it's £1 or $1.41

• Ympker said: Does aruba acctually work? Never dared to try them as their support is never online and in their ToS they ask you to cancel your services via post to their italian adress..

Wat? Their support via ticketing is very fast (three non - critical tickets were answered in an hour each one), and the service is pre-paid: you deposit money (even just 1 euro, they don't have a lower limit on what you deposit) and start your server. So, what post for cancel is that you are writing?
    Aruba is very solid, I have deployed 2 small (1€ per month) vps with them, one in their italian DC and another in UK. Very happy with them.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

1$/EURO/GBP? Probably a shitty one.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • What's wrong with that price range? This is LET, which means low end in case some people had forgotten. I've got three services in that price range, one is even cheaper and comes with two IPv4 addresses and hasn't screwed up in almost two years.

Here is what RamNode offers. The first one is SSD and the second is SSD-cached.

128MB SVZ 128 / 64 MB 1 Core 1 /64 12 GB 500 GB $15 / yr

128MB CVZ 128 / 64 MB 1 Core 1 /64 80 GB 500 GB $15 / yr

RamNode has a good reputation so I have no idea what people are on about when they say, like the comment above, "a shitty one. That's just wrong. Based on what is actually being offered out there, the RamNode offering is what I expect, and I expect it to be solid and remain so in the future. If someone can't compete with that, fine. Just give up, because RamNode has stock.

• tommytommy Member

Summer coming? If that question from member (withouprovider tag) I'll happy to answer.

• tommytommy Member

@vpsflex said:
    HI Everyone

I have decided to offer 1GB Ram and 30GB HDD and 1ip based in france.

they will be ready soon

WHAT ???? Only few hours from OP? Nice try to promote your services and bypass restriction by asking question that you already decidec to offer. Assh*l

• I've a OnePoundWebHosting plan due for renewal. 128MB I think, but about £1.33 a month. Works fine, stable all year.

That's what I'd expect, uptime and responsive. No need for support when that's the case. For this price range, I've found the provider needs to be of high competence for it to be sustainable. The price and plan is sustainable, just sometimes the person providing it isn't.

Thanked by 2vimalware Ole_Juul
  • And being the inexperienced person @vpsflex is, he will most likely oversell the heck out of a OVH server with OpenVZ.

Of course, I wouldn't expect him to setup a VMWare VPS any time soon anyways :p

• tommytommy Member

He already do check offer section

• @Ympker said:
    Does aruba acctually work? Never dared to try them as their support is never online and in their ToS they ask you to cancel your services via post to their italian adress..

Dude what are you talking about i have services with them but i don't understand what you are trying to say

AFAIK they are the best if you want an VPS for an euro their support is always quick. When i need some help from them mostly rdns stuff, But now they have automated everything,So I don't contact them for anything

never needed to

• elgselgs Member

@ALinuxNinja said:

1G RAM

20GB SSD Storage

2TB transfer

Is Aruba Cloud being killing a lot of European lowend providers?

• Depends on the company. Some offer 128MB for that, and I'll happily pay it because they're reputable.

Even if some kiddiehost offered me 2GB for £1/mo I wouldn't waste my time.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • If it's £1 per month then I'd expect it to deteriorate in quality in line with exchange rates while we make up our mind about the EU.

Much better to get one linked to $