Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice to choose a good server who have the best I/O speed ever
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need advice to choose a good server who have the best I/O speed ever

cociucociu Member
edited March 2016 in General

Hello LET people,

this days i search to buy some servers but a verry hight end servers to have good I/O speed .

Can anyone guide me to tell me the model of server and the controller ? i want to put some SSD in this server and yes is a "must" to have good results.

please post your experience ....if is possible

Thanks for your opinion.
Marius

Comments

• It's not the I/Q speed that matters, rather it's the I/Q velocity (and it matters if European or African swallowness)

Thanked by 2jar raindog308
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

What's your budget for this?

• cociu said: good i/q speed

I doubt there is an abundance of I/Q available here.

• IO speed ??

Thanked by 1HOSTBD24
  • cociucociu Member

for the moment i look at this controller LSI MegaRAID SAS3 9361-8i ... any better ?

• cociucociu Member

MrGeneral said: What's your budget for this?

when you look for something like this the question is how much you afford

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2016

I mean I guess speed matters. I think I have a low IQ but I access it faster than many people with a higher IQ so I can compete by offering more ideas in less time than it takes for someone else to offer one better idea.

IQ speed matters.

• @cociu said:
    Hello LET people,

this days i search to buy some servers but a verry hight end servers to have good i/q speed .

Can anyone guide me to tell me the model of server and the controller ? i want to put some SSD in this server and yes is a "must" to have good results.

please post your experience ....if is possible

Thanks for your opinion.
    Marius

How high IQ level do you need?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jarland said: IQ speed matters.

LowEnd Lives Matter!

Thanked by 2miTgiB jar
  • century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited March 2016

this is so confusing, title says server and thread's on IQ :(

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • cociucociu Member

@raindog308 @jarland @miTgiB yes i make a mistake , its this a crime ? any way thanks for help guys , i hope got more I/Q results from another helps guys . Is easy to blame someone , more difficult to help.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

cociu said: @raindog308 @jarland @miTgiB yes i make a mistake , its this a crime ? any way thanks for help guys , i hope got more I/Q results from another helps guys . Is easy to blame someone , more difficult to help.

My joke had nothing to do with your typo. It was a pop culture reference.

• cociu said: its this a crime ? any way thanks for help guys , i hope got more I/Q results from another helps guys

It's not a crime, we all make mistakes, and expect to get fun poked at you when you do, but did you realize your mistake after repeating it again while trying to bully those poking fun at the mistake?

Thanked by 1jar
  • objection lopsided scale, no mention EQ & AQ ;P

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited March 2016

Or to rephrase the question another way for the experienced : which generation of intel board doesn't bottleneck for Samsung 850 950 nvme ssd? ( i think nvme type is sold on PRO only)

• @vimalware said:
    Or to rephrase the question another way for the experienced : which generation of intel board doesn't bottleneck for Samsung 850 950 nvme ssd? ( i think nvme type is sold on PRO only)

950Pro in raid 0 ☺