Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moving away from SolusVM question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Moving away from SolusVM question

teoboevteoboev Member
edited February 2013 in General

Hi there,
I am running SolusVM master at present on my dedicated server! I am not selling VPS or Hosting, just using it for Personal/Corporate Needs... and I cant justify the price I am paying for SolusVM.... I was thinking along the lines of! Could I remove SolusVM but keep my VM's which are OpenVZ by the way... and install OpenVZ web panel for example to manage the VM's.... again I dont need any billing modules....

Is it posible to achieve my goal, or shall I continue paying for SolusVM

Thanks in advance for all the input

Teo

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

OVZ web panel works fine, except when it doesn't. Personally not a big fan. If it's for your own use, I'd just shut down the SolusVM stuff and start using the terminal. Honestly it's extremely easy.

• Proxmox is pretty nice. I've never used it or Solus as a provider.

Instead I use Proxmox for internal stuff. No real problems so far. No clue what I might be missing, but I came over from Citrix Xen which I detested.

• So If I am getting this correct I can remove SolusVM and my CentOS base will continue to operate as normal.... boots my VM's etc... I will be missing only the web interface....

• Just a highlight on his actual question:

Could I remove SolusVM but keep my VM's which are OpenVZ by the way...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@teoboev said: So If I am getting this correct I can remove SolusVM and my CentOS base will continue to operate as normal.... boots my VM's etc... I will be missing only the web interface....

Yeah, SolusVM controls a lot of the node but in the end it's still just a controller for OpenVZ. We removed SolusVM on two client nodes without so much as a reboot.

• I don't think this is relevant to the actual question but OnApp > SolusVM