Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New US offers from OneProvider (mixed opinions on this host)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New US offers from OneProvider (mixed opinions on this host)

kingpinkingpin Member
edited March 2016 in Providers

Hello everyone.

Just received a newsletter from OneProvider with new plans.

This time they're offering dedicated servers in 7 US locations.

1. Intel Atom D525 4GB RAM $29/month.
  2. Intel Core i3-540 8GB RAM $39/month.
  3. Intel Xeon E3-1230v2 16GB RAM $75/month.

As well as OneCloud VPSs in North America at 50% off (use the promo code NORTHAMERICA50) in all their North American locations.

Has anybody used their services? Share your opinions please.

No European locations in the offer, unfortunately.

Thanked by 3bersy smalleye geekalot

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Remember: this is the reseller which last month randomly got out of ColoCrossing without guarantees to preserve customer data and just provided servers elsewhere.

I don't remember much more, someone told about it in The Cest Pit.

• @Nyr said:
    Remember: this is the reseller which last month randomly got out of ColoCrossing without guarantees to preserve customer data and just provided servers elsewhere.

I don't remember much more, someone told about it in The Cest Pit.

Wait, what happened here? They was only in there for a few months..

MSPNick said: Wait, what happened here? They was only in there for a few months..

No idea, I just remember this from The Cest Pit. They weren't very clear about the switch either and John mentioned that he was surprised about it. They were also advertising at LEB, so something weird happened and I don't think we'll ever know about it.

• @Nyr said:
    Here and here.

Looks like they pulled a volumedrive™

Thanks for that! That explains a bit, but not the entire picture...

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2016

These guys are shady to begin with. I had their original VPS product for a while and then one day without any other information about why they just terminated the service as a whole and kicked out all their customers. They then proceeded to 'create a new platform' which they said all previous users could test and use and when I applied and sent tickets to be included they just ignored them and never responded. Their support was always poor and everything they were selling has always been resold, even their VPS products.

I believe they canceled their first VPS product line "Because they were not making money" and my guess is dealing with CC they didn't make any money either. They are really good at failing at their business it seems. So good that I don't even consider them a worth while host anymore and I pretty much tell anyone who asks to stay away and go directly with the company providing the equipment so you don't one day have to worry about them randomly canceling your services (like they have done in the past with now VPS and dedicated products it seems).

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• seikanseikan Member
    edited February 2016

Just bought one $2.5 plan for review.

First impression: Slow, Broken.

The One Panel is extremely slow, took very long time to load.

When creating a new VM, OS option is showing broken image. No OS can be selected. The only way is to proceed and reinstall to select OS.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
  • IshaqIshaq Member

jbiloh said:
    Proceed with caution.

• KrisKris Member

Read bottom to top. I fed them a fix and they didn't bother. Also what @TheLinuxBug said verbatim was my experience. I had the original product, it did not suck. They cancelled them all arbitrarily.

Came back with OneCloud 2.0, a ton of emails and a shitty marketing campaign raving about it.

Usually companies test the product before they want customers to hype it with as hash-tag. Swing and a miss.

#shiteonecloud

• Thanks @Kris for sharing that screenie of support fail!

@jarland, any chance that could we please have a LET #shitlist and start the list with OneProvider/OneCloud?

Thanked by 2netomx ehab
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@Kris If this is on a VPS, then it's not a BIOS matter, but reconfiguring the KVM setup to pass the AES-NI flag to the guest CPU.
    I.e.: your "fix" was completely wrong.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • @rm_ said:

Still they weren't really helpful to the guy and didn't resolve the issue even though he provided them with all necessary details.

• rdesrdes Member

Don't know how their other locations working, but I got few servers in France from around 2 years (their L3426 for $25 is a nice deal) and there's no problems at all.
    Few weeks ago I need to replace faulty disk in HW RAID1, and that was done in 4 hours, which is not bad for this price tag ;).

• BeardyUnixGuyBeardyUnixGuy Member
    edited March 2016

rm_ said: it's not a BIOS matter, but reconfiguring the KVM setup to pass the AES-NI flag to the guest CPU

For a VPS, it could be either of them.

If it's not enabled in the BIOS, then it won't ever be seen by KVM.

If the BIOS option is enabled but it's not passed through by KVM, then the VPS will never (directly) benefit from it.

But like @kingpin, I just saw it as a complete fail from the support side.

It's ironic that their system wanted to auto-close tickets stating that there's no response from the customer when, in fact, the support staff needed to provide feedback to the client.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • well, I got what's ordered and everything was just fine with OneProvider.
    frankly, auto closing and "answered" support tickets happen with almost every provider I was with back then including Crissic, under Skylar

• KrisKris Member
    edited March 2016

rm_ said: I.e.: your "fix" was completely wrong.

No, I was right. It could definitely have been BIOS settings.

• I do not recommend them, it's been 15 days since I ordered and I still do not have a working server. AVOID

• rdesrdes Member
    edited March 2016

Yesterday one of my servers in Paris that I have with Oneprovider stopped responding. Remote reboot and IPMI was also unavailable.

Sent ticket, and they quickly responded: "It seems that the server has been suspended and needs to be reinstalled in order to be brought back online. " and "We will return to you as soon as we have more information regarding the cause of the suspension."

Yeah, seems very legit ;-). They also booted server in rescue mode so I've checked logs, top history and all other things and there was nothing suspcious, so I asked them to bring back server back online. I also mentioned that I have 6 servers with them, with clean abuse history from ~2 years so they really shouldn't block whole server without any warning after any issue but it didn't work out - after 10 hours of waiting for response I was told that reason for suspension was flood (but they didn't provided any logs), and I have to reinstall this server to get it working again. So I placed reinstall ticket (which is manual), and couting hours again...

I used to like them but now I can only recommend Oneprovider to people, that can accept that they blocking servers and force people to reinstall them without any legitimate reason ;).

• rdesrdes Member
    edited March 2016

They just reinstalled OS, and again ignore my request to provide logs of alleged flood...

• rdesrdes Member

Update: I have recevied log from them, and it seems that some old Joomla on server was hacked, and it caused outgoing DDOS. After telling them, that there's hosting accounts on servers, and some s*it like this can rarely happen, I got info that next abuse incident will be handled more gently. So I'm satisfied by now :-).