Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[BAD QUALITY] Servdiscount Review - Carefully
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[BAD QUALITY] Servdiscount Review - Carefully

norival1992norival1992 Member
edited February 2016 in Reviews

I was reseller at servdiscount for 4 months ago.

I want to share everyone about my experiences when i use them. Please consider and think carefully before using them.

Let start with my comparsion between online.net and servdiscount. 1 is France provider and another is Germany Provider.

1. Quality : normal (3 / 5). hardware can not compare with online.net. Online.net 's hardware is perfect.
  2. Price : normal (3.5 /5 ). price is better than online, but i will not choose because, hardware is old and slow.
  3. Support : super fast and helpful (0 /5). one day, if you are busy man, and needing more helps from them. Amazing, you will get 2 time for their support, let i calculate, i think it is around 3-4 hours for you. But you dont worry, your issue will solve after 3 days maximum if you have some problem with your hardware or you will never get their help if you have some problem with software because they are unmanaged.
  4. Service : doesnt need customers, money is first & customers is the end and we are always right in every case. ( -5 / 5 ) (****)

Total : 1.5 / 20. Great score from me. Why? Am i unfair? I say NO.

Let i tell about their works.

Their interfaces, when i connected to them at Nov 2015, long time from now. At that time, their language in website is sparing..... Homepage, product details, shopping cart,.... Wow everything is in English. start cooperating now.

After a month, my customer feels their hardware is not good and tell me to change another provider. I cancelled those servers (didnt expire yet). They accpeted my request, unfortunately, oh my god, what the hell, i look at the the billing, they will be cancelled next month. I have to pay for unused services for a month? They made me crazy?

I asked them why i have to pay for unused services?

+They said, because i chose auto renew.

I, I dont see the word is called auto renew on your site.

+T, " Automatisch ".

I, I dont know what it means, it is your language, not mine. You translated your website to English and you must translate all to ENG, why you except that word ? Looks like a cheat in billing system.

After few conversation, they accepted me to reconnect my servers.

This is the first time, i disappointed.

After 3 months, and i think this is the last month........, they made me crazy again.

In 9th Jan, 2016. I request cancellation for 3 servers in 2 email letters.

First email letter, I wrote to them to cancel servers have name : a205 & t243
Click image for larger version.

Second email letter, I wrote to them to cancel the server has name : l097
Click image for larger version.

They will be expired in 26th Feb, 2016. And i got the message from them "Your servers were blocked due to outstanding invoice." In my memory, only 2 unused invoices were solved in the old conversation. What the hell is going on?

I opened the ticket and asked them why?

+T, you have outstanding invoice has to pay.

I opened that invoice and see. Oh my god, t243 & l097 were cancelled and will end in 26th, a205 is still there. I was thinking, they can decline cancellation request to get more earning ????

I replied and asked them "why is a205 still there while t243 and l097 were cancelled and in termination?"
They answer me quickly, i remember his name is Daniel Alves. I gave him reply and he sent to me his reponse, then and then til i cant control my self and ask him " your company pay for you to take care of customers or pay for you to be in the customer controversy? "

And then, he helped me to terminate that server. Very perfect. But the problem it is still there. I cant connect to my servers. And opened new ticket again. They said i should pay all invoices to get back my servers.

And i checked , the 3rd invoice is still there, prices are included a205 and t243 while t243 was terminated long time ago.

The last case started from 26th til now, there is nobody takes care of me.

Once again, if you want to order their server, please read my experiences before getting many cheats from them.

I am reseller, they dont respect me, so you must think carefully before using them.

Thanked by 1rohidev

Comments

• I'm very confused. I don't think you like this provider... ?

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • murah kok minta bagus hehehehe peace

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, ServDiscount is bad, at this point he is correct.

But you can't blame them if you enable auto renew when you order your box.

• norival1992 said: They accpeted my request, unfortunately, oh my god, what the hell, i look at the the billing, they will be cancelled next month. I have to pay for unused services for a month? They made me crazy?

"The cancellation period for an agreed-upon minimum contract of 1 month is 4 weeks; for an agreed-upon minimum contract period of 3 months, 4 weeks; for an agreed-upon minimum contract period of 6 months, 4 weeks; for an agreed-upon minimum contract period of 12 months 3 months and for a minimum contract period of 24 months 3 months to the end of the specified minimum contract period."

Welcome to the world of ToS. It is nearly the same at online.net.

norival1992 said: I, I dont see the word is called auto renew on your site.

+T, " Automatisch ".

I, I dont know what it means, it is your language, not mine. You translated your website to English and you must translate all to ENG, why you except that word ? Looks like a cheat in billing system.

http://s15.postimg.org/lkrgsw5t7/servdiscount.png
    - "Automatic renewal" it is english?!

btw. you should definitely restructure and rework this post.

• "Automatic renewal" it is english?!

Yes, that is right. But you must know. It is under German language 3 months ago after they have my complaint.

• @norival1992 said:

• "Automatic renewal" it is english?!

Yes, that is right. But you must know. It is under German language 3 months ago after they have my complaint.

Okay, but you could have read this: (Buttom of the page in the "Worth Knowing..." section)

"Can I order the servers as Prepaid?

If you want to order a prepaid Dedicated Server, all you have to do is take out the check mark where is says “Automatic Contract Renewal”. Depending on the contract period, you can then request your server to be paid in advance (prepaid) so that your contract will not automatically be renew. Certainly we will remind you early enough before the server’s end period, so you can renew it using our interface without any problems."

• @Cryck said:
    If you want to order a prepaid Dedicated Server, all you have to do is take out the check mark where is says “Automatic Contract Renewal”. Depending on the contract period, you can then request your server to be paid in advance (prepaid) so that your contract will not automatically be renew. Certainly we will remind you early enough before the server’s end period, so you can renew it using our interface without any problems."

Looks like you dont understand ? They changed their language few months ago..... And we discuss about them and "After few conversation, they accepted me to reconnect my servers."

Did you read this note?

• CryckCryck Member
    edited February 2016

@norival1992 said:
    Did you read this note?

I did read it!
    I researched it previously... the "Worth Knowing..." was exactly the same in March 2015.

Proof here: https://web.archive.org/web/20150318052006/http://servdiscount.com/en.html

but nvm. I got a completely different experience with them.
    It may be because I speak german and don't have the "language barrier".

I am not saying, that you didn't have a bad experience, but I want to show you that it is not always the provider who did something wrong. First of all you have to look at your own mistakes.

That's all I'm saying!

Thanked by 1norival1992
  • I feel like this is a mixture of you not completely reading their ToS and them not properly listening. Also language barrier might be something as well. It seems from the screenshots, that you are not very precise in your requests. Use subjects like "Cancelation Request for a205 & t243" and use those numbers in the email itself again to make sure there are no misunderstandings. Not blaming you, it's just my experience from having to do with different service providers.

After all I wouldn't want to resell their stuff, because as you said the hardware is pretty bad. I would only use them for high-traffic applications, because they claim to offer real unlimited 1Gbit ports. Don't care how they do it, but that's their only USP besides some good, but rare storage box offers.

• @Cryck said:
    That's all I'm saying!

Thank you, but may be my mistake. But this is my experience from them. I want to share it to everyone. The cooperation, they dont respect.... customers are same.....

Thanked by 1Cryck
  • chrisp said: I feel like this is a mixture of you not completely reading their ToS and them not properly listening. Also language barrier might be something as well. It seems from the screenshots, that you are not very precise in your requests. Use subjects like "Cancelation Request for a205 & t243" and use those numbers in the email itself again to make sure there are no misunderstandings. Not blaming you, it's just my experience from having to do with different service providers.

After all I wouldn't want to resell their stuff, because as you said the hardware is pretty bad. I would only use them for high-traffic applications, because they claim to offer real unlimited 1Gbit ports. Don't care how they do it, but that's their only USP besides some good, but rare storage box offers.

Thank you, but they told me, include contracts which i want to cancel to attachment and my goverment id card. Those informations are fine, while the first email, 1st server was cancelled except 2nd server in first email list.

• They wanted you to attach your id card to cancel a server? Oo

• so OP did not read TOS properly and does not understand that it was his own decision to deal with a business in another country, while he might not be capable of knowing all the laws and understand all the language.

he didn't care and has been too lazy to take care of himself understanding what he is signing up to and now he is complaining like every other childish wannabe provider/reseller.

I don't see any proven faults done by the provider. only some subjective claptrap about old hardware and such.
    if their performance does not fit your needs simply cancel your contract term in times you signed up for and move on.
    but it is definitely not bad service to expect that you comply to the contract you signed.

and please don't tell anyone you did not understand the meaning of "automatisch" vs. 'automatic' or auto renew' and even if you did not realized this - it's been completly your duty to comprehend what they do/mean/offer.

Thanked by 1chrisp
  • @Falzo said:
    so OP did not read TOS properly and does not understand that it was his own decision to deal with a business in another country, while he might not be capable of knowing all the laws and understand all the language.

he didn't care and has been too lazy to take care of himself understanding what he is signing up to and now he is complaining like every other childish wannabe provider/reseller.

I don't see any proven faults done by the provider. only some subjective claptrap about old hardware and such.
    if their performance does not fit your needs simply cancel your contract term in times you signed up for and move on.
    but it is definitely not bad service to expect that you comply to the contract you signed.

and please don't tell anyone you did not understand the meaning of "automatisch" vs. 'automatic' or auto renew' and even if you did not realized this - it's been completly your duty to comprehend what they do/mean/offer.

1. lol, hi daddy, in english book, i tried to translate automatisch, it said bad words , bla bla bla , lol.
    2. Do you know old hardware model? I5-750 is new. And there is no provider take "NEW" hardware for leasing around 18EUR per month. Only, old system and when they get back their fund and they let you lease it with cheap price.
    3. While ordering, only TOS is stated in contract and order page. I dont care anything about on their website. Because I DIDNT SIGN ON WEBSITE. OK

This is my sharing of experience about their work. If you dont want to read, please shut up and go out. Because bad service is bad service.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited March 2016

norival1992 said: This is my sharing of experience about their work. If you dont want to read, please shut up and go out. Because bad service is bad service.

All here are telling you that you were wrong. Do you still think that all here are employers or fanatics on servdiscount? C'mon...
    We all read your posts and we have clearly understood the situation. YOU were wrong, not the provider.
    YOU chose the server's model
    YOU chose paying model.
    YOU chose the provider.
    YOU accused them falsely for "changing language in TOS" when this TOS is there at least from late 2014.
    And, no, bashing a provider accusing them for bad quality and shady practices, when they didn't do anything wrong, is not... "sharing experiences".
    And, last but not least, if you don't want to listen, YOU should shut up and go out.

• I have no idea why you need to cancel manually. I have a server with ServDiscount myself and had a server that I wanted to cancel. These servers are prepaid base. So letting your server expire and not baying for a new month is the best way to go. Then your server will expire and ServDiscount will call it 'cancelled'. I also never needed to show my ID-card, only a confirmation of my Chamber of Commerce when I asked for a business account.

Compared to Swiftway, ServDiscount has a worse service. But my dedicated server at SD does 300 Mbps, is mostly stable and I don't have real issues.

The reason why you should not host webservers with SD on these so called SSD-disks, is because the disks are connected by LAN and not physically in the server.

• @jvnadr said:
    And, last but not least, if you don't want to listen, YOU should shut up and go out.

You must know I didnt told about their TOS. In TOS, it is English. Yes, i only told about billing page (cart page). Everything is in English, except Billing CIRCLE. Are you sure, it is in english from 2014?

I think you didnt read all and understand what i am saying. And that is not main of their issue. Because everything was solve in fine.

I dont know about what did they do for someone. With, they cheated me and their service is BAD.

1 Support ticket, about turning on HD Audio in BIOS. I dont have KVM access, but they have it. They need more a day to turn it on. Very bad. ( If i have KVM access, i cant turn on too, because they set password to protect BIOS).

@DennisdeWit: Yes, i tried and i got suspension from them. Because i had a big problem with "automatisch". I want o change to prepaid too, because i dont belive to their support. My customers are first, I dont want to loss any data of them, so i keeped everything.

• FalzoFalzo Member

so you had no clue of what automatisch could have meant?

automatisch vs automatic ? I see it's hard to get...

just make an educated guess... or ask google translate, and don't tell that bs it is not knowing the word.

https://www.google.de/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=automatisch englisch

or feel free to tell what your native language is, so that we can have a look if google is capable of translating.

and after all, as I already said, it is not the fault of a german provider if you decide to go with them especially if you know beforehand, that you did not understand all thing their page is telling. if I order something from lets say a chinese site and I am not able to read or understand all of the things said there, I simply cannot blame the seller, if something goes wrong.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • @Falzo said:
    so you had no clue of what automatisch could have meant?

automatisch vs automatic ? I see it's hard to get...

just make an educated guess... or ask google translate, and don't tell that bs it is not knowing the word.

https://www.google.de/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=automatisch englisch

or feel free to tell what your native language is, so that we can have a look if google is capable of translating.

and after all, as I already said, it is not the fault of a german provider if you decide to go with them especially if you know beforehand, that you did not understand all thing their page is telling. if I order something from lets say a chinese site and I am not able to read or understand all of the things said there, I simply cannot blame the seller, if something goes wrong.

hi,

Dont try to ask me about German language. Because i didnt learn. If you want i can give you some example in Vietnamese.

• FalzoFalzo Member

no need to learn. but your responsibility though, uif you want to deal with a german business. as it would be my duty to make sure I understand vietnamese terms if I would like to make business with someone at your place.

https://translate.google.com/#de/vi/automatisch

Thanked by 1switsys
  • @Falzo said:
    no need to learn. but your responsibility though, uif you want to deal with a german business. as it would be my duty to make sure I understand vietnamese terms if I would like to make business with someone at your place.

https://translate.google.com/#de/vi/automatisch

Oh, i will make sure that 100% you will not pass that cheat in Vietnam. And that case is of a big company, they cheat many customers. And i read it on newspaper. If they is trust company, They will translate their website to 100% for trusting, Because , i chose ENG language, not DE language. Do you understand? A big company , good company, kind company ,... will not make their customers consfused.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@norival1992 said:
    ... will not make their customers consfused.

then why you ordered a service with them in first place, when it was so confusing and you even knew that this has to be a bad sign? if you took the risk you should not complain afterwards.

get over it, leave them and choose a provider who is trustworthy by your requirements.

• yes, moved all servers to another already. Only USA and Netherlands providers are best.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited March 2016

Irrelevant