Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nginx+GetSimple CMS+LowEndVPS=awesome
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nginx+GetSimple CMS+LowEndVPS=awesome

shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
edited February 2013 in General

Somebody seems to have found the winning combination...
I'll say this upfront, I'm part of GetSimple CMS team, but anyway, check this out!
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=1269

Comments

• +1 for GetSimple

• Do they have lots of themes?

• yeah, found it out too
    using is for our foundation :)

• SyedSyed Member
    edited February 2013

Nevermind, I derped out.

It's nice.

• @shovenose, nice to see you're active here too. I think GetSimple and LEBs are a perfect mix. GetSimple is a lightweight CMS that don't need MySQL, so you can host many websites even on a small LEB, and it's lot faster than WP or or other heavy CMS.

if someone need suggestions for directory permissions, file ownership multisite setup with sftp users or other help to setup GS on a debian+nginx leb just ask, i'm that marrco.

• @marrco
    Want to clarify your statement there :"and all modules i loaded.".

Is your nginx conf work fine for ALL of GS modules?

It is great if GS working fine with nginx.

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited February 2013

@kampung, nope, i just meant my full vps setup, including munin, monit, ningx serving GetSimple with php-cgi, exim etc was under 100 MB. But I think you can easily setup nginx and getsimple cms on a 64MB vps.

About GS and nginx working fine together, there's no problem afaik. There are no know security bugs and I never had particular problems with plugins. The 2 config samples you can see there are update Jan 2013, so it's a continuous work in progress, feel free to contribute and suggest your improvements.

Coming back to the LEB part, I think GS is the lightest, fastest, best CMS to use on a debian leb with nginx. I've stress tested a beta version last month on a small vps, and you can see here the results: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=4010&pid=31660#pid31660

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@marrco nice to see you here too :)

• IntcsIntcs Member
    edited February 2013

Thanksa lot :) it's of the best I've seen that doesn't use regular database, if not the best so far! I might be using it at one point :)

I think it's smart that it used some sort of an actual database where they've used XML to store/read data. The reason I think it'll be able to handle a LOT of content, maybe not much less than a regular database! As I've did tests on a flat file based CMS that used just a regular file filled with pages data, read/written to it using regular php syntax, and I was able to fill it with so, so much content before some problems in the script (not performance) appeared, it didn't accept more data in at some point, and saving failed/corrupted. But even though it could have still accept more if I've created more pages as I've filled one page with most of the content (all pages are saved in a single text file). Anyhow it was still filled with content equivalent to many hundreds, or a few thousands of pages, served from the file directly with php and still there was no performance issue. That's why I'm expecting GS to be able to serve even more content!

• Does GetSimple use PHP when serving content?
    Or it only use PHP for management (configure, create post, etc..)?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@kampung
    GetSimple CMS uses PHP for everything.
    Front end pages, not just admin, are PHP.

• I'm going to try it and will fill it with content, I'll update once there's a noticeable improvement over others that use raw data file.

• bes64bes64 Member
    edited January 2016

I think I will go with your website, not to start world war III

• bes64 said: There are new responsive themes for GetSimple CMS getsimplethemes.ru/premium-themes/

You're hear to desecrate graves and spam your templates, right?

• I'm here to offer people my templates.

• @bes64 said:
    I'm here to offer people my templates.

I'm here to offer you to logout at take your shit elsewhere :)

• @bes64 said:
    I'm here to offer people my templates.

Flagged.

• Is Putin so upset you?

• what happens to your man with a gun if I bum into him "poplar tree" :)

• I think I will go with your website, not to start world war III :)

• Sink.