Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you be interested in yet another website monitor service?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would you be interested in yet another website monitor service?

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited February 2016 in General

I will soon be initiating a closed beta for a website monitoring service with alert system and the possibility to check your website atleast every minute. Will also give you daily uptime in %!

As for pricing I would allow 3 monitors for free per account.
To unlock more monitors one would have to pay a fee however I have no idea what price I will offering this at. Any ideas of what you would be willing to pay for that kind of service?
Also would you like an "unlimited monitor monthly plan" or a "one time fee per additional monitor" (3+) solution?

Keep in mind that you will be able to test the service thoroughlly with the 3 free monitors you get.

Kind regards,
Ympker

Comments

• How about monitoring VPSes, not only websites?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Keep in mind that you'll have people sign up with 10 different accounts to use 3 monitors on each. Determined folks will use proxies and email forwards and it'll be hard to catch. Not endorsing the behavior by any means, but you know as well as I that it will happen.

I like @NodePing for monitoring, and one thing I like is the diversity of monitors. For example, RBL checking, https expiration checking, looking at many different services (mail, ftp, etc.), being able to check for strings in web pages or changed pages, etc.

• @nalkubaxd5 said:
    How about monitoring VPSes, not only websites?

Might be adding this feature, too :)

@raindog308
    That is a problem I am already adressing but have yet to find a solution. I guess ID identification is a bit much to ask acctually^^ Maybe phone validation or smth

• MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
    edited February 2016

Thanks for reply. I'll wait for it.

Well... New phone pre-paid card cost about €1. Where there's a will there's a way. You might also try with invition code.

Edit: Even ID verification might not be the best. You can easily find generator within seconds.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • So we getting summer server monitoring to complement summer hosts now?

• I would definitely not send in my ID for a monitoring service. Phone number, maybe, only if the service allows SMS notification. Even phone numbers can easily be obtained with many free apps. Maybe some sort of IP geo location comparasion with the physical address entered? Block all the ones with commercial IP and the ones with address mismatch too much. Another way is to check the IP of the monitored server, this will block shared hosting people, but you can introduce a cheap plan to fix that.

• I don't think it's a huge problem, most people will pay (as long as it's a reasonable price) for the convenience of having everything under one dashboard instead of logging into multiple accounts. I know some people would not, but they are the type of people who would not pay for the service anyway.

• If it costs more than uptimerobot (4.5$/m for 50 monitors), it won't be interesting.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

tr1cky said: If it costs more than uptimerobot (4.5$/m for 50 monitors), it won't be interesting.

I disagree. It wouldn't be interesting for some, but there are plenty of services (StatusCake, NodePing, etc.) that are higher-priced than uptimerobot and offer different/more features.

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • @raindog308 said:

Nodeping isn't that more expensive if you really use 200 monitors. Statuscake is just bad.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2016

I guess a paypal registration API wont do any good, huh (to minimize double accounts)?