Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hide cPanel and/or IP?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hide cPanel and/or IP?

Four20Four20 Member
edited February 2016 in Help

I have a reseller account that I use to host few small sites.
I use Cloudflare, so when I create a new account, I just make two "A" records (@ and www, I don't need other records such as FTP, mail, etc...) pointing to the shared hosting IP.

What I want now is to completely hide cpanel/whm login page and the shared hosting IP.
I changed "Connection selection" template on WHM, so now when I write /whm or /cpanel after my domain it will redirect to that page I edited (Which is just an empty page), which is what I want.

now still will redirect to cpanel/whm when I write :2082 or :2086 after the domain.
Is there a way to disable this?

Also any other ways someone could find the IP behind CF?
AFAIK all cloudflare resolvers will just check other subdomains.

Comments

• Cloudflare still forwards traffic on cPanel/WHM ports. You could try blocking access to those ports from cloudflare IP's in iptables?

PM me your domain or post it here and I can have a look to see if the back end ip can be found if you want!

Thanked by 1Four20
  • linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited February 2016

And disable require SSL for WHM, and disable redirects for WHM with SSL in thingy so when cloudflare tries to access it with no SSL (flexible SSL?) it won't send redirect:

Thanked by 1Four20
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2016

@linuxthefish the OP says he has reseller access, he wouldn't have access to neither iptables nor WHM admin functions.

@Four20 if you need more whitelabel solution go for a VPS or a Dedi.

Thanked by 2linuxthefish Four20
  • Try some page rules on cloudflare.

For example one page rule that forward "example.com:2082" to "example.com" and another one that forwards "example.com:2082/*" to "example.com". Something like that.

Thanked by 1Four20
  • Free plan on CF though, I don't have many options.

>

It's not about that, I'd just feel more secure knowing people will only see CF IP's.
    At the very least I won't have to worry about L4 DDoS Attacks.

• @cloromorpho said:

Thanks a lot. I think that worked. only needed one rule for each port (2082/2086).
    @linuxthefish sending you my domain in a pm now, let's see if I forgot something.

• @Four20 said:
    linuxthefish sending you my domain in a pm now, let's see if I forgot something.

What about 2083, 2087?

Thanked by 1Four20
  • Four20Four20 Member
    edited February 2016

@Junkless said:

When accessed without HTTPS
    400 Bad Request
    The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port
    cloudflare-nginx

and with https it redirect to cpanel ...

• Four20Four20 Member
    edited February 2016

But it won't show the shared cPanel domain or IP.
    And when I try to login I get an error.

"A network error occurred during your login request. Please try again. If this condition persists, contact your network service provider."

EDIT: ok I couldn't login cuz I had SSL option on CF turned OFF, just turned it on and was able to login.

• You can also use wildcards in page rules , so to redirect any url with a port in it to your homepage , you could use something like this "example.com:*"

Also , you can access your own domain without cloudflare by adding your domains ip in your computers host file .

• @Rolter said:
    You can also use wildcards in page rules , so to redirect any url with a port in it to your homepage , you could use something like this "example.com:*"

Tried this but I get an error from CF.
    Can you try it and confirm if it works?
    I tried example.com:* http://example.com:* http://example.com:*/

• RolterRolter Member
    edited February 2016

Weird , i thought it should have , but it does not seem to .

Thanked by 1Four20
  • setting them up in cloudflare or from WHM server settings, but having limited reseller access and a free cloudflare account does seem to have you limited. You can always try htaccess changes to redirect

Thanked by 2Four20 coreflux