Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hubic 405 error? rclone
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hubic 405 error? rclone

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hi folks,

We're trying to upload our files, actually, to sync our local disk to Hubic.

We're getting the following error with rclone:

root@int-server:~# /usr/sbin/rclone sync /media/disk1/ Hubic:/Servidor --transfers=100 -v
2016/02/25 18:03:28 Hubic: Got swift credentials (expiry 2016-02-26 18:58:53 +0100 +0100 in 23h55m24.999999768s)
2016/02/25 18:03:28 Hubic Swift container path Servidor/: Modify window is 1ns
2016/02/25 18:03:28 Attempt 1/3 failed with 1 errors and: HTTP Error: 405: 405 Method Not Allowed
2016/02/25 18:03:28 Attempt 2/3 failed with 1 errors and: HTTP Error: 405: 405 Method Not Allowed
2016/02/25 18:03:28 Attempt 3/3 failed with 1 errors and: HTTP Error: 405: 405 Method Not Allowed
2016/02/25 18:03:28 Failed to sync: HTTP Error: 405: 405 Method Not Allowed

Any idea?

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Interesting, thank you, although not the same error.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Have you tried using rsync command ?

• Hubic don't support rsync protocol

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Have you tried to refresh the token? I think i had those errors before, a refresh did the trick.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@tommy said:
    Hubic don't support rsync protocol

Here's a thank for you. This is not rsync :P

@iLLagHee said:
    Have you tried to refresh the token? I think i had those errors before, a refresh did the trick.

yep! It's working with amazon cloud now, just fine.

• Got swift credentials (expiry 2016-02-26

;)

Thanked by 1kzed
  • I have a lot of stuff on Hubic - I see it as an arcane Gandalf type presence that will protect my data with fervour until it arbitrarily decides to dive down a minehole to kick some balrog ass and take my data with it. There's nothing to stop Hubic doing a Mandrill.

In other words - €5/mo for 10Tb doesn't even remotely make financial sense as a sustainable business model. It's in their best interests to make it awkward to use it outside of their own quirky client and webclient. By the time you've got a few hundred Mb uploaded through their client you give up the will to live and continue to pay the fee. The few who figure out hubicfuse, rclone, et al are far outnumbered by the masses who expect to use their quota but never get close.

I'm happy to use it for tertiary storage and am rocking only slightly over 1Tb, but wouldn't sleep at night if it was my main backup repository.

Then again - what do I know? I used to be a Wable customer...

Thanked by 2Amitz ryanarp