Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help

GCatGCat Member
edited February 2016 in Help

Hey all,

I need to automate tasks that require launching a web browser with a proxy, executing a script (JavaScript) in the browser, then closing and selecting the next proxy in a list, repeat.

It's to automate a few tasks I have and make my workload easier, all proxies are HTTP based internal proxies only.

I can't do bash script or anything like that to automate it due to the way the system is configured.

Please note: login credentials are dynamic, therefore static macros will not work.

Any ideas to complete this task?

Comments

• What my guys used religiously for building simple automation tools (old gig): http://www.winautomation.com/ hosted on a few Windows VMs.

There are probably some more affordable options though, but I'd look down that route. Doesn't FF have a macro plugin thing to automate these things?

• GCatGCat Member
    edited February 2016

@mikeyur FF can be automated iirc but I'm not sure about auto selecting next proxy?

Furthermore macros wouldn't be of much use since it's a dynamic user/pass authentication on the panel that rotates every three hours, I can call the details via API since its internal only though

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@GCat What OS are you using and can you install applications?

• @GCat said:
    mikeyur FF can be automated iirc but I'm not sure about auto selecting next proxy?

Can it run through like a list? Like if you dump all the proxies in a text file... I haven't played with it in years, but there has to be some sort of option to randomize or go through a list of whatever. ie. "select line 1, copy, move cursor, paste, select line 2..."

• GCatGCat Member
    edited February 2016

@trewq said:
    GCat What OS are you using and can you install applications?

I have Linux, Windows and Mac available to do it

I'll offer a up to $50 reward for a solution to this.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited February 2016

@GCat said:
    I have Linux, Windows and Mac available to do it

Ah, plenty of options then. Personally I would do it in Python with Selenium and PhantomJS if you want to do it headless or use AutoHotKey.

I have automated almost all my time consuming and repetitive jobs at work with AutoHotKey. It's simple and can read and control anything inside an application.

Forgot to mention, AHK can read and write files. So you can read a list of the proxies and write logs. Simple as, hit me up if you want me to write something for you.

• You need this my friend https://autohotkey.com

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited February 2016

Mozrepl, telnet to your browser.

Here's an example function that'll manipulate your networking settings (it's a cut and paste from a larger project but you'll get the gist if you get JS)
    http://pastebin.com/r0Pc6Kv5

• i need help too

your avatar says you are a bunny, but your username is a cat

i'm confused :/