Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dr vps down ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dr vps down ?

drserver xenstorage vps are down ?

Hi, have anyone using vps from drserver down ? my vps is down more than 4 hours. just wanna know if other same

Email received just after down:

Some of you may have noticed that your XenStorage box does not have IPv6 connectivity. There was an issue and in order to resolve it, we were forced to reboot the network interface of the node. However this resulted in loss of connectivity for all VMs even for IPv4 as well. Now, to get it back, you need to login to your control panel, "Power off" and "Start" your VM. Do NOT use the restart function. We did not do it, because you may be running any crucial programs and we don't want to close them forcibly. If you need to shutdown certain services on your VM before you shut it down, you can use the VNC console, which can be found in your panel. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to open a ticket. We will help.

But its now almost 4 hour and vps is not working, VPS is also showing incorrect diskspace and ip is able to connect with ssh, but password is not working, dont know the issue going on.

tickets already raised but waiting for response now.

thanks

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello,

Reporting it to the staff, @Brad will come here asap :-).

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Hello. Whats your ticket id?

• Thank you for consulting LowEndHelpdesk today!

A worker will be here to help you as soon as possible.

• I did what it says in the email (Stop then Start) and it's working fine. Disk space has been the same as before. I use SSH key to login, not sure if the password has changed or what, but if I remember correctly there's an option to change the root password in Virtualizor.

Thanked by 1Qovic_Bharat
  • Ticket #524125

• it is my mistake, i have power off the vm, and then start, i did not follow stop and start, because i just read in virtualizor regarding power off so i just off as same word written in email , my mistake :) fsck took several hours, now up after 6 hours , due to my mistake ;s after down

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Dilstar said:

Safe to say the thread can be closed. @jarland

• @BharatB said:
    Safe to say the thread can be closed. jarland

With the best of intentions I believe you should leave that to the OP. I don't see this causing any negativity towards drserver.

Thanked by 2ATHK BharatB