Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wable to change its pricing model?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wable to change its pricing model?

Just noticed this on the FB page. It will be great if they do it.. For me since last one year, i didn't face any issue and really happy with them..

Wable will be shifting from a bundle pricing model to a pay per use pricing model in the next 1-3 months. We are running detailed statistics on 10s of thousands of VPS and accounts to make sure that we come up with a pricing model whereby;
- honest users pay the same or less for their current resources
- dishonest users who currently have multiple bundle #3 will start to pay the fair rate
- existing powerboost users get to keep the perk of having extra resources
The main goals for this change are;
- to remove the impact that dishonest users abusing multiple promos bundle 3s has on our operations (this is WIDESPREAD)
- remove the drastic increase in price between discounted bundle 3 and the regular bundles (4 and higher), which encourages people to make multiple bundle 3s against our TOS
- allow people to only pay for what they need, with small increments rather than having to upgrade to a much larger bundle
- allow users to add more RAM/CPU/Disk independently of other resources
Our intended pricing model so far shows that 95% of users will pay the same or less under the new pricing options. We will post more information when we have made more progress on the transition (which will be seamless to customers).
Thanked by 1josephb

Comments

• Wait, will the price of #3 also be changed for those who are currently on that plan, or not?

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2016

You really think their normally attracted customers are the ones abusing the services, or those from here?

So in other words, they are preparing to kick out all of the LowEndBox customers who took advantage of the awesome deal and actually used it because now they want more money for it. This is starting to be common practice with Incero, I call it bait and switch, they call it good business.

Sure, for those who purchased at full price this may actually be a good move forward and reduce abuse, but at that point I question the judgement of them selling things here on LET to begin with. If they are not going to honor the prices they give in deals in the long run and kick out customers who actually use their resources instead of letting them idle, then they shouldn't be making offers here. It is dishonest in my opinion.

Also I find this quite interesting, given the whole snapshots issue thats been going on:

"Remove the drastic increase in price between discounted bundle 3 and the regular bundles (4 and higher), which encourages people to make multiple bundle 3s against our TOS"

Another platform issue which they failed to patch much like the snapshot issue? This isn't the customers fault, it's the fault of their system allowing customers to do it to begin with and them being too lazy to fix the problem, but why fix the problem when you can just charge more money, right?

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 3Peroni Xenos dnom
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2016

TheLinuxBug said: then they shouldn't be making offers here

Have they ever made an offer here? Don't think so.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Lee said: Have the ever made an offer here? Don't think so.

I meant any of their brands, as in Incero should be disallowed to advertise here totally, not just Wable. This is the standard practice for all Incero products now, bait and switch, sell for one price and either raise the price or kick out the users when it is convenient for them.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2TarZZ92 Xenos
  • Ssst dont complaint they'll kick you out

Thanked by 1Peroni
  • LeeLee Veteran

@TheLinuxBug said:
    Cheers!

I don't get the bait and switch angle or banning them.

People are abusing the service by taking multiple bundle #3, so they switch the pricing model. They say and there is no reason to believe otherwise that the price will not change for the majority, if that tuns out to be different then that is a new discussion at that time, not for now.

If the issue is people at LE* abusing the system then that is a) predictable and b) not unusual. If there is something worth abusing this is the place to capitalise on it and then people to complain when they prevent you from doing it.

Thanked by 2jar vimalware
  • How people taking multiple #3 plan? Nonsense. Just another execuse. They dont allowed more than 1 of these plan per user.

• is it time to buy in to bundle #3 powerboosted ?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2016

tommy said: How people taking multiple #3 plan? Nonsense. Just another execuse. They dont allowed more than 1 of these plan per user.

You actually believe that people don't abuse it? I admire that.

Thanked by 3deadbeef jar vimalware
  • JoeMerit said: is it time to buy in to bundle #3 powerboosted ?

No.

Unless you like turbulence in life, be it number of IP address allowed, resource allocated, pricing, etc.

• Lee said: You actually believe that people don't abuse it? I admire that.

I believe people will abuse it by create multiple account.

but still, People paying for price they asking.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited February 2016

honestly what fool would stay with them? considering Gordons history with price changes/increases etc

am sure if he was a UK company what he does is pretty much illegal.

Thanked by 2Xenos inthecloudblog
  • I just hope people get of wable before getting wabbled by them

• I'm not surprised they're seeing multiple signup fraud due to the incredible pricing discrepancy.

I guess fraud detection and handling was exceeding their manpower budget for it. (unless you have fancy automation based on ML or somesuch)

What I understood from the Post is that I'll still be allowed my 5 lab vms with total 6gb ram for $8/m.
    Just the one(1) signup from April 2014.

Correct @incero ?

Else, I just need 2 months notice.

Who's still butthurt?

• i cancel with them and still receiving damn mail about due.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @simonindia said:
    I just hope people get of wable before getting wabbled by them

Really? "Wabled"?

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited February 2016

@doghouch said:
    Really? "Wabled"?

What can i say :D they needed a term

• DamianDamian Member
    edited February 2016

Looks like they reviewed their business model and determined it wasn't what they expected, so they're making changes to bring it more in-line with their expectations.

Typical LET really:

-Dammit, this host dead pooled because their offering was unsustainable and they did nothing to make it work! Let's complain endlessly!

-Dammit, this host is doing "bait and switch" because they need to rework their business model to make it meet their needs! Let's complain endlessly!

• @Lee said:
    They say and there is no reason to believe otherwise that the price will not change for the majority, if that tuns out to be different then that is a new discussion at that time, not for now.

@OP

• remove the drastic increase in price between discounted bundle 3 and the regular bundles (4 and higher), which encourages people to make multiple bundle 3s against our TOS

Reads to me that the price will change for anyone who took them up on their offer. Why sell at such a discount if its unsustainable?

I guess shame on anyone who took such an offer because they are obviously abusers and should be paying "honest" rates and not the ones listed. /s

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

TarZZ92 said: honestly what fool would stay with them? considering Gordons history with price changes/increases etc

Exactly this. Plenty of good alternatives which don't change their strategy once a year.

• Nyr said: Exactly this. Plenty of good alternatives which don't change their strategy once a year.

As much as everyone complaints about Incero's business practices, they do provide a good product.

• @MarkTurner said:

There are many other factors besides a good product. Poptart SLA or freely changed pricing model.

• @MarkTurner said:
    As much as everyone complaints about Incero's business practices, they do provide a good product.

Very true. My VMs there mostly idle but there were times I really needed them to perform and they came through fine.

Thanked by 2MarkTurner ryanarp
  • I wouldn't buy my dog a server there because he may bark and Gordon would terminate it immediately with no backup.

• I've mostly been satisfied with the performance and quality I receive. It was only about 3 years ago that I had to make an emergency move from them to DO for a final school project due to some network related issues (which I never had time to definitively prove one way or another). Other than that, it's a great service for the price and affords me to have multiple VMs and backups for a small price in multiple locations. I'll keep using it as long as it stays affordable.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

MarkTurner said: As much as everyone complaints about Incero's business practices, they do provide a good product.

Plenty of other ISPs also provide a good product and don't randomly change price, datacenter or remove assigned IPs from customers.

Thanked by 3Xenos Kris geekalot
  • Wable is just a bait and switch provider.

complain about them equals a ban.

I don't know why people would trust the to be honest.

Thanked by 2Xenos inthecloudblog
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2016

mtwiscool said: I don't know why people would trust the to be honest.

The people who appreciate what they offer and the limitations they should expect when paying $8 or less for what they receive. They trust them.

• @Lee said:
    The people who appreciate what they offer and the limitations they should expect when paying $8 or less for what they receive. They trust them.

They prices do not really stand out to be honest and combine that with shady acts it would be about as safe as a GVH.

• Does anyone have a response from on Wable on whether the prices are actually increasing or is this just noise?

-honest users pay the same or less for their current resources<br>
    - dishonest users who currently have multiple bundle #3 will start to pay the fair rate

Based on this , honest plan#3 users would be charged a max of $8/m ?

I couldn't care less about the whining from users 'gaming' multiple plan#3 POWERBOOSTs

Thanked by 2Lee ryanarp