Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Directadmin now has built in Let's Encrypt support, AWESOME! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Directadmin now has built in Let's Encrypt support, AWESOME!

2»

Comments

• The fuck? What's that kind of a pricing system? $299 "lifetime" but an additional $49 yearly for updates. That's what I call lifetime!

• @Shigawire said:
    The fuck? What's that kind of a pricing system? $299 "lifetime" but an additional $49 yearly for updates. That's what I call lifetime!

Only if you need technical ticket support!

Lifetime include updates.

• The "new site" version of their home page says updates & support are 49 a year. The old one doesn't.

• @ZweiTiger said:

That. License is once, but if you need support then you pay.

• @Raymii said:
    That. License is once, but if you need support then you pay.

Says differently on the new site which would be a shame

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Depends if you "really" need such CP,

I setup my webserver stuff once, mostly nginx + php and mysql, for some pages no need to pay anyone.

Using lets entcrypt installer thingy to generate a ssl certificate isn't dat hard, just google and you get a tutorial, the DO one works fine.

So my DirectAdmin is and will be my shell.

• ShigawireShigawire Member
    edited February 2016

@iKeyZ said:
    Says differently on the new site which would be a shame

Alas, a but unclear. Is "365 days support and updates" meant to be a single year and then it's done with updates and support, or rather like meant like "365 days a year, i.e. forever".

Then again, is the 49$ fee meant for support in terms of technical assistance or does this fee include updates?

And if updates are really lifetime included, what protection against price increases do they mean?
    Price increase of the yearly technical assistance costs?

• @Shigawire said:
    Price increase of the yearly technical assistance costs?

I am guessing the $49 is for support and updates after 1 year has passed. From reading the point saying "365 days of technical support and updates" it sounds like anything outside of that time will have to be paid for.

• John from DirectAdmin stated on their forum that lifetime will still receive updates and that the wording on the new site is incorrect it the $49 is for support, not for updates. He stated that the new site wording is not finalized yet, but assured the community free updates will continue for Lifetime licenses.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • Okay. Thanks for making that clear enough.

They should really think about removing the "protection from price increase" part, though.

This makes me think that they plan to increase the pricing on the other plans once in a while...